Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

For moms with boys

LO is currently going 4ish hours between feedings at night. However, almost 9 times out of 10 when he wakes up to be fed he has a wet diaper that has leaked through his clothes and swaddle sack resulting in a diaper and outfit change in the middle of each feeding. That doesn't seem normal as he does sleep on his back although he sometimes rolls onto his side.

So moms, what am I doing wrong here and any advice to avoid this?

Declan 2.21.2013
Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: For moms with boys

• Options
    This used to happen to my son also. I had to go up a size at night only. Make sure you put the diaper up high in the front.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My son is two now.  I remember that happening as well.  Make sure you point his penis down, make sure the tabs are snug across his waist but not tight, and run you finger along the leg openings to pull out the ruffles.  If that doesn't work
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, we went up a size when he started leaking at night.  Also experiment with different brands.  Luvs work best for us and, as a bonus, they're less expensive.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    My son is two weeks old and I had the same issue and I had to make sure his penis was pointed down.  Other wise it went up and out.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on because the diaper itself wasn't that soaked.  N
  • Options
    You can use A&D ointment and almost stick his penis downward which ensures that the diaper gets the wetness. My LO is in newborn pampers and the only leaks we have had are from two blowouts. 
    Roll Tide Baby BabyFruit TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    everything pp said and if that doesn't work try a different brand. you'll get conflicting responses on what brand is better but I know my son leaked throw everything but huggies. other moms say pampers but these work for us
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    khazekhaze member
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm using Huggins right now and do have packages of other brands that I'll try out as well as other sizes. The size 1 seems to fit him well so maybe I'm not putting it on him well!

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I didn't read the other responses, they probably say the same thing!

Point penis downward.  Make sure you open diaper up all the way before putting on so that the "ruffles" on the legs are out and against the legs.  Go up a size if that

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We were having leaks at the time we needed to go up a size.  That helped everything except for the really explosive poops.  I don't think there is much to do about those.

We use the Pampers Swaddlers and I love them!  They can get

• Options
    I second the advice to point the penis down.  For us, when DS was first born he was wearing newborn diapers but he was soaking his clothes, not his diaper.  Our pedi advised us to try a smaller size and that worked like a charm.  Are his di

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

"Point the penis down!"

It took me a week or two of blown diapers to figure this out. Now I sing-song it at every diaper change, lol!

• Options
    Yes, point it down!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What brand are you using? I have to use Pampers on DS. Also, make sure his penis is pointing down when you put the diaper on! Good luck! 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options

imagelipglossandblack:
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm using Huggins right now and do have packages of other brands that I'l
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options
    do you tuck his penis down?  i had leak problems and a friend asked me if I did that... no leaks since unless I fall asleep after feeding him in the middle of the night and the diaper gets so full... lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"