Working Moms

NWMRSippy Cup Advice

Hi ladies!

DD stopped drinking from a bottle at 12 months, I transitioned her to a Nuby sippy cup with the softer nipple. Last night I tried to give her a sippy cup with the hard nipple but she will not suck the hard nipple so that the milk could come out. She then cries for her other cup. I know it probably will take time, but I just am not sure how to go about it.

Should I rotate cups?

Wait it out?

Any suggestions are appreciated. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWMRSippy Cup Advice

• Why the switch? I say stick with what works.
  • My kids always loved the sippys with the straw (playtex). If you want to stick w/ the Nuby, try putting a fave beverage like juice into the sippy and see if she's interested. Then you can gradually change to water or whatever beverage you are feeding.<

• Loading the player...
  • We've struggled with this issue. I would say do it gradually; for instance, at daycare, they only use cups with hard spouts. I was bringing in her own cup before I finally said enough is enough.

Now I reserve the soft spout cup for certain t
  • imagegingerfamily:
    Why the switch? I say stick with what works.

The cup with the softer nipple is just
  • She does not know how to drink from a straw: I have tried "teaching" her but other than say "suck" and her staring at me confused I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?
  • imageNechie122:
    We've struggled with this issue. I would say do it gradually; for instance, at daycare, they only use cups with hard spo
  • My advice is don't sweat it. If you feel strongly about getting rid of the soft one then just give her the hard one. If she's thirsty she'll try it eventually. Maybe try giving the hard one w/ meals during the day but let her have the soft ones in the

• imagewychets:
    imageNechie122:</stron
  • imagegroovygrl:
    My advice is don't sweat it. If you feel strongly about getting rid of the soft one then just give her the hard one. If
  • imageNechie122:
    imagewychets:</stron
  • DS1 didn't catch on to the straw for a looong time!  Now that's all we use though.  I would just leave the valves out of the sippys; they are terrible for oral development anyhow.  The straw will come in time.  If she does open cups

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"