Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

your period/cycle year after baby

So a little back history, my cycle has always been normal.  It returned about 2 months exactly after my daughter was born and has been fairly normal ( give or take a few days to a week) since then. She BF and self weaned around 13-14 months and is now 16 months.  Anyways... the past.. i want to say 3-4 months my period has been very odd.  about a week or so before i start i get dark discharge and slight bleeding.  Exactly what happened with my two last pregnancies around the time i found out i was pregnant.  I've taken tests, nothing comes up even faint.  I'm not changing anything that i do/eat/sleep.  Stress level is about the same.  Also when i'm ovulating im noticing a excess amount in discharge.  I tracked when we were TTC and i could hardly tell by CM if i was ovulating.. now i almost need a pad just for that! ( no other infections or anything down there either) 

is anyone else noticing major changes like this? Any thoughts? It sucks because i end up wearing pads most all the time.  I use the soft cups/diva cups when i'm on my actual period but don't like to use them when there isn't a lot there.  And with summer coming i'm not looking forward to always being.. padded lol.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: your period/cycle year after baby

• After my first, I was having a period every two weeks because of the birth control I was on. After that was changed, things were more normal, but heavier periods than before babies. After my second, I have more discharge all the time. That's pretty normal
  • mine still isn't normal. I BF'd until DD was 10 months. I didn't get my first period until  a week before her 1st birthday. Then, for the next two cycles, I'd have it for 3 days, then a week off, then 3 days again. Then the next month I had it for

• Loading the player...
  • Most women just have a "new normal" after they have a baby and are finished BFing. You really can't compare it to before you had a baby, or even while you were BFing, because hormonally and physically, it isn't the same. I agree with the padding issue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • After DD1, I got my period back a month after I stopped EP.  They were normal periods, heavy at the beginning, then light.  After DD2, I stopped BF and pumping when she was 1 and I literally got my period a week later.  My periods start

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Thanks for the responses.  I guess i do just have to accept this new " normal" for me then lol. and i've not started any sort of BC or been on one for years now... oh well lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"