3rd Trimester

Words to ease my worries?

First pregnancy, in my last month-- not worried about parenthood at all... ONLY worried about the delivery. Makes me nervous knowing that I have NO idea what all is going to happen. 

Would love some words of comfort from mom's who've already been through the process-- or even other women who this is their first baby, would love to hear how you are coping with delivery fears. 

Thanks, ladies! 

Re: Words to ease my worries?

• This is my first time also. I too am ready and not worried about parenthood just nervous about labor and delivery. I keep telling myself that women have been doing this longer than I have been alive and that our bodies were made for this. I also keep tell
  • I am a first timer and how I get through this fear is telling myself... it is inevitable now, he will come out one way or another and I will make it through that day he decides to make an appearance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • First, check out the website birthwithoutfear.com - it's pretty amazing.

Second, read up on childbirth, the stages of labor, what happens to you during labor, what happens to you and baby after delivery, and all of your options for medications/pr

• jlpevjlpev member
    Keep an open mind to your birth plan. Sometimes things dont go as expected!! But dont worry!!! Those drs know what to do and take care of us.

Mine went so different!! I wanted a natural birth but I ended up being induced due to the cord be
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm the type who is comforted by knowing, so I read A LOT, watched A LOT of videos, asked A LOT of questions. It really helped me to feel better about the whole thing.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FTM as well. I am still nervous about delivery but I've been reading some books (bradley method) and listening to a hypnobirthing CD.  The CD is aimed at helping mums relax and prepare for labour whether you opt for birthing centre or hospital del

Pregnancy Ticker
  • To me, I look at labor and delivery as an experience that not everyone gets to experience.  It is an experience that will not last forever, and once it's over it is over (and when it's over, I found it to be the most AMAZING feeling in the world!!

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In a way, I think it helps to not over-prepare.  I know so many moms that went in "knowing" exactly how they wanted their birth experience to go, and when it didn't work out that way, they freaked out and/or felt like failures.  I had no birth p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesarawalks:
    This is my first time also. I too am ready and not worried about parenthood just nervous about labor and delivery.
  • I remember being pregnant for the first time and sitting in the tub with a huge belly in front of me while having a mild panic attack thinking about the fact that this thing inside of me had to come out. I totally understand your fear and it's completely
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • always remember in that moment you think " i cant do this" your body was built for this. and you have no other way. its normal to feel that way, and especially if you are a planner, this is the one thing most people have zero control over. but woman do

Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've only read a few of the posts above, but they sounded right on the money.  Take it from someone who gave birth four days ago and who used to dread (DREAD) going for PAP tests or bloodwork (seriously, I used to almost pass out, even when I was

BabyFruit Ticker
  • FTM and have the opposite worries. Labor is one day (ok maybe two in some cases) but being a mom is forever. We have sooo much technology and medicine and i dont know about your hospital, but mine looks like a suite out of a 5 star hotel. Sure, that gl

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the labor and delivery is the easy part compared to parenting. Not trying to be snarky at all! I know it's scary, and bad things happen in L&D sometimes, but being a mother is the hardest thing I have EVER done.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• FTM here, too!

I was terrified, as well, especially after hearing I am most likely going to have to have a natural birth due to my back condition... but I couldn't be more excited! Sure I have my fears... pain, nausea, exhaustion, will I be able

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecandlequeen:
    the labor and delivery is the easy part compared to parenting. Not trying to be snarky at all! I know it's scary,
  • I'm a FTM too & feel the same way. Some days are worse than others, although honestly at this point I really am just ready to get this baby out...I'm SO tired of being pregnant & just want to meet her already.

Sometimes I feel like "Oh my g
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"