Toddlers: 24 Months+

any other tots who grind thier teeth out there?

our almost 2.5 yr old grinds them- pretty regularly- her teeth look okay- she has a slight overbite- we are getting ready to move but I noticed that even on the most relaxed days she still grinds them.  i dont always tell her to stop but when I do she laughs at me and then makes it a point to do it again.

I didnt plan on taking her to the dentist until she was three since that was what I was told by a pediatric dentist- so if you went through it does it just stop?

And she doesnt do it everyday but regulary enough that I am wondering whats up?  We do brush her teeth everyday.  She still uses her pacifier for bedtimes and I have noticed that she tries to chew on it now.  So I might  have to "loose" that soon.

Re: any other tots who grind thier teeth out there?

• I noticed my DD did that for a long time, more so at night time, until she was around 4 - 5 years old.  Both the pediatrician and dentist said it was normal.
  • DS went through a teeth grinding phase at about 1/1.5 that lasted about a year. It was awful but he just gave it up on his own.
  • Loading the player...
  • I mostly lurk on this board but, my DS just turned 3. He still grinds his teeth. His dentist said it is normal for the age, but unfortunetly DS has actually ground his 2 front teeth almost to the nerve. So, it's pretty much a waiting game before he h
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Teeth grinding in young children is usually related to allergies.  Research suggests that kids grind their teeth to clear their eustachian tubes.  If your child seems to be allergy free, he may still have some fluid build up in his ears at ni

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"