Babies: 3 - 6 Months

3 month old has body odor under armpits, what gives?

We bathe him almost every night and this is new, but it does smell like an old man hasn't showered for days.  Has anyone heard of this before? I'm calling the pediatrician tomorrow but I googled a bit and either hormones or yeast infection came up.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 month old has body odor under armpits, what gives?

• ***lurker**

my mom said this happened with my brother. She said she put powder under his underarms and that helped with the smell.  

• Is he a chunky baby? DS2 is a chunk and if you don't wipe between his rolls very well, it gets gross.
  • Loading the player...
  • I call my baby's armpits "cheesy pits" because we discovered early on if you don't clean really well under there it starts to smell like bad cheese!  Just gotta get in those creases!  
  • Yep! This is one of those things no one tells you about.. how much you have to really clean his/her neck, armpits, behind the knees etc. My dr said to clean the area and let dry completely and then put a good amt of baby powder (the cornstarch kind) on. g
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Amelie gets smelly in her neck and her armpits and they also get irritated. We bathe her every day and put vaseline (to keep sweat and milk and spit from getting trapped) in her little fat folds and it has stopped.
  • Thanks ladies.  Pediatrician is ordering a chemistry panel to rule out hormonal imbalance.  We're not talking milky or spit up smell, we're talking grown man hasn't showered in days.  I hope it's nothing.
  • This happened to me a few weeks ago and I googled and googled and was completely flipping out...turns out I wasn't getting his pits dry enough after baths so bacteria built up and yes it smells like straight BO. It will take a few days but I bathed him ev
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCottonGirl:
    I call my baby's armpits "cheesy pits" because we discovered early on if you don't clean really well under there i
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"