C-sections

Sex after 6-week check up-TMI

My doctor gave us the green light on Friday and we tried on Sunday but it hurt too much to get even more than the tip in (sorry TMI). It feels like my vagina is half the size it used to be. I wasn't expecting that. We had lots of foreplay and lots of lube. 

When were you able to successfully and pleasurably able to do it?

Re: Sex after 6-week check up-TMI

• I had the exact same experience after having my first child.  I don't remember an exact time frame... But I know sex sucked for awhile. I'm already dreading it this go round.... :(
  • Did your doctor actually tell you "you can have sex now?"  I know this is off topic but both times my doctor never said anything and I feel like it would be a bit awkward to just put it out there like that.  

But, if you are breastfeeding, it can feel really uncomfortable and just takes time.  It probably took a few months.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, same thing happened to me. It was like fire the first time and it took me like a few days to feel back to normal down there even though we stopped almost immediately! My body still doesn't get going down there like it should - and I'm not convinced it really will til the breastfeeding is over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jb2rnjb2rn member

Are you breastfeeding? I was and it was soooo painful and I was very surprised since I had a c section.

Even with lube, it wasn't pleasurable until about 10 months. I think it was BF more than anything else.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• We started doing it very slowly and cautiously around 4 weeks...no, we didn't wait for OB's approval. It probably stopped hurting altogether around 3 months PP honestly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's going to take awhile!  For me it was 6 mos before everything felt back to normal including the big O.  Just lube it up and take it slow.  Your body is still healing from a pregnancy and major surgery!
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • The same thing happened to me. It wasn't my C-section - it was breastfeeding. After my period returned, everything went back to normal down there. Unfortunately it was really uncomfortable until that happened. 
  • We had sex 4 weeks post pregnancy and it was uncomfortable and dry, even with lube. It took about 2 weeks I think to feel normal.

Anniversary
  • I have had 2 csections and with the 1st I pumped.  Well both times when I was given the clear from the dr, it was the worst experience ever!  You would think with a c-section it wouldn't change.  OH MY GOD...it was so painful.  Horrible.  It took about 4 times before it felt normal again...and those 4 times were not back to back days.  But it does get back to normal! 
    Andi is on the move! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • After my first we had sex around the three week mark(couldn't wait even that long this time, lol) but I haven't had any problems at all. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding and that hasn't affected anything so I'm not sure that's the reason some others are having issues, it may be just that your body needs a longer amount of time to readjust considering it was changing gradually for 9 months and then it was an abrupt return.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFemNik214:
    After my first we had sex around the three week mark(couldn't wait even that long this time, lol) but I haven't had any problems at all. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding and that hasn't affected anything so I'm not sure that's the reason some others are having issues, it may be just that your body needs a longer amount of time to readjust considering it was changing gradually for 9 months and then it was an abrupt return.

It has to do with the hormones.  It may not have been an issue for you, but for some women the hormonal changes related to breastfeeding have a big impact on the lady parts.

• It took awhile. Go slow use lube. Keep trying! I was and still am bfing too.
  • With DD1 we were cleared at 6 weeks, and since I didn't have any labor with my c/s, I expected no problems. Ha. It hurt like heck and we couldn't finish even though we used lube. I was pumping at the time, and I think that affected things. I stopped pumping at 9 weeks and it was probably right around then that it started to get better.

This time around I'm expecting to be cleared tomorrow and am hoping we can find time this weekend, although I'm honestly not looking forward to it after the experience from last time. I stopped pumping at 3w this time, though, so I'm hoping that makes a difference.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• With my first at the 6 week PP check up I got the green light. (the doctor said, okay to have sex again) I was nervous, and about a week later we did. It was uncomfortable but we got back into a groove quickly.

This time after the green light, we tried a few days later. and it HURT. we tried again a week or so later. it still hurt, just as bad. We haven't tried again. I'm scared. But I'm going to force myself to try again this week (I'm 11 weeks and a couple of days PP)

• It was very uncomfortable for a few months (even with lube). It did eventually get better, DD is 10 months and it has been better for a while just not sure when exactly. NP at my yearly which was a few months after my C/S said it was because of the BF and hormones. Hopefully with will pass quickly. I was too surprised by the pain since I had C/S!
  • I know I am 100% in the minority, but it was REALLY painful for me for almost two YEARS after my c-section. I visited with my doctor several times and they couldn't figure out what the issue was. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"