C-sections
Options

Numb above incision

I am 17 days post c/s and have a numb patch directly above the incision that is only to the right of my belly button out about 4" to the side and about 2" up from the incision. Do others have a numb spot and does it go away?
Pregnancy Ticker
20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage

Re: Numb above incision

• Options
    When I had my first c/s I had numbness around the incision area that never really went away. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had my CS 8 months ago and I still have numbness about the incision. I don't think its really going to go away. Maybe really slowly over time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    15 months PP... still numb and painful of you poke the right spots. A lot less noticeable then after the CS but it could be numb for the rest of my years.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Options

Ha! Yes! Almost five years later and my gut is still numb. My scar is pretty much nonexistent, very pale and maybe 4" wide, but that weird half-numb feeling and never being able to full satisfy an itch in that area is still odd to me.

My back, where the epidural and the spinal tap were inserted (more realistically, RAMMED into my body), is still super sensitive as well.

• Options
    Yep...took over a year the first time for it to either disappear or me just not notice. We will see what happens this time
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I guess I'd better get used to it then :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Options
    With my first the numbness last a long time. It was after a year when I realized that I could feel there again. I'm almost 12 weeks post c/s with my second. Definitely still numb. I expect it to last a while. I have been told we don't always get all the feeling back in that area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think its normal, I had it all around the incision and up to the belly button line for about two weeks pp. Now a month pp their is only the one spot that is kinda numb, for the most part just certain things I don't feel but its getting less and less as it goes along.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I had some pretty good numbing going on when I first had it. It lasted several months. My LO is now 6 1/2 months old and its not numb anymore. I couldn't tell you when it stopped being numb. It slowly got better until I never noticed it anymore.
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    Wow, I can't believe how long everyone's numbness is lasting. Mine has decreased some but not a ton. I was wondering how long to expect it to stick around.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options

I was still numb 2.5 years after my 1st c.  I don't think that ever really goes away.

• Options
    My numb spot lasted several months. It's totally gone now and I've had feeling for some time...it's been almost 4 years. I forgot about it.
  • Options
    DS is almost 22 months and I am still numb above my incision, more on the right side than the left. DH pinches the area occasionally and I still don't feel a thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"