Dads & Dads-to-be

Encouraging my wife

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are 16 week pregnant. She has been sick pretty the the whole time and at time becomes discouraged. I try to encourage her as much as possible but as she is beginning to show more and more as the weeks go by, she becomes more self-conscious of her bump. She sees herself as fat but she isn't. What are some ways I can encourage her more?  

Re: Encouraging my wife

• Hug her, kiss her, tell her she is beautiful, ignore her comments about being fat or unattractive.

There's an awkward period between being KU and everyone clearly knowing you are pregnant. She's almost out of it, and strangers will start being re

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • PrimePrime member

+1 to ignoring the comments from her on being 'fat.'   I don't think there are any correct responses to that.

• Loading the player...
  • imageLuckyDad:

Hug her, kiss her, tell her she is beautiful, ignore her comments about being fat or unattractive.

There's an

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Again, tell her she is beautiful and give her a hug and a kiss.

And do it again, and again, and again....

• A female perspective, if I may. There is no getting around the "I'm feeling fat" part. I feel it too and I'm only 9 weeks. I'd let that one be. A suggestion though, maybe surprise her with a prenatal massage. I don't know if you have one near you, but we
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJLW0504:
    A female perspective, if I may. There is no getting around the "I'm feeling fat" part. I feel it too and I'm only 9 w

• Hi sorry I'm from the second trimester board. My DH and I are expecting our second child together and we are 22 weeks along right now. Knowing how it is already and all I still feel "fat" bc the pants I once fit in or shirts I once fit in or underwear I o
  • I don't mean to be frank... but for some of us it's not JUST that we feel fat and that things are changing and we're terrified of what we'll look like in the future and how much we'll gain... it's what YOU think of us. If you're first time parents, than t
    thebump photo ec667df7-0353-45b0-9854-06bbada50228_zps76446922.jpg Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ohhh, and I DEFINITELY second the babymoon if you can afford it. We couldn't with all of the expenses coming up, but that timeline that the pp said was perfect as well. Most of us feel better by then, and it's before we get too tired and too huge! Good lu
    thebump photo ec667df7-0353-45b0-9854-06bbada50228_zps76446922.jpg Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCakeSavoy:

When you come home from work, tell her you missed her. Plan a night out in a couple of weeks to get dresse

• The guys have the right idea.  Ignore the "fat" comments; there really is no correct response.

Show affection and offer verbal reassurance so she knows you still find her attractive.

A spa day, date, or babymoon are all awesome id

BabyFruit Ticker
  • my husband says baby ur not fat ur pregnant and beautiful and then give me a big hug and kiss and it always makes me feel better :) he also has stuck up for me gaining weight in front of me to other people ie friends family whom ever. Makes me feel g
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"