Multiples

Audio or Video or Sensor Monitors for Twins?

Hi all!  We are planning to have our twins sleep in our room for the first 2 months or so.  When they move to their cribs, their room will be right next to ours.  But all of the bedrooms are upstairs.

Which type of monitor would you recommend?  I'm leaning toward just getting a good audio one, but not completely sure yet.

Also, please recommend specific brands that you like! 

Thanks in advance! 

image image image
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Audio or Video or Sensor Monitors for Twins?

• I had an audio one with ds 1. I had no idea what I was missing until I got the video with 2. It allowed me to let see them when they were fussing without having to go in the room. At night I could see if blankets hot tangled or close to their face when t
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been just fine with my summer infant audio one. While I imagine it can be helpful for a video monitor, we figured we would have to go in most of the time anyhow, and it wasn't worth the extra for two.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • kegkeg member
    We started off with an audio monitor which worked well when they were babies.  However, video monitors become very helpful when they are slightly older.  For one, there comes a point when it becomes more disruptive if you go in their room. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• We have the Motorola video monitors and the Angelcare Deluxe (two pads) sensors for each crib. LOVE them both!!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Video, hands down! Keeps me from having to run in and I can zoom in to watch.him breathe. Makes me feel way better. And his room is next to ours. But he naps there too and I'm usually downstairs then. I have summer infant and it's expandable to 4 ca

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • We just have an audio monitor and it works fine. Most of the time I don't even turn on the receiver since I can hear them even if I'm downstairs. Maybe we will talk abt a video one when they get older if the need arises.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love our Motorola video monitor. It comes with two cameras and scans between the two so it's perfect for twins. Plus it shows me what the temperature is in the room and has a few other features that I like. I think it's a good investment because I th
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • We decided to go with wireless web cameras that we can use with our iPhones and computers.   That way we can always sneak a peak in on them when we are back at work. Plus we can add as many camera's as we want and into the playroom when they

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"