May 2013 Moms

Extreme weight gain

Before I got pregnant I weighed 115 120 and I'm 5'6. I don't eat a lot of fast food, junk food, etc. but I've gained so much weight :( I'm a FTM and right now I weigh 169:,(

every time I go to the doctor they look at me as if I sit around all day and eat junk food and I don't. I'm a hair stylist so I am standing basically all day. I'm not going to lie I don't work out because its hard to get motivated to drive all the way to the mall to walk for an hour after I have been standing all day and my ankles are swollen 3 sizes to big.  And I eat pretty healthy besides the occasional slip. 

I  guess there is no real point to this post.. Just feeling very down about my weight :( I really do try hard to eat healthy.. And I feel like all you ladies are only gaining the recommended weight for pregnancy and I'm all over the placeD: 

vent over..  

IAmPregnant Ticker image

Re: Extreme weight gain

• Don't worry! I get the same looks because I started off at 110 (im 5'4) and now weigh 148. I eat pretty healthy too and walk 3xs a week at the gym on the treadmill. my doc said some people just gain more and it also could be the water weight. I'm sure i
  • everyone is different. With my first I weighed 117 when I found out I was preg. and when I delivered I was 152. This time around I haven't gained as much and I walk around our huge backyard at least 3 times a week. Try not to feel too depressed, and it is

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • IMO you are going to gain what you are going to gain.  Granted, eating a donut diet vs fruits & veggies diet isn't a help, but I think in the end you gain what you gain and it's how you lose it that counts!  :)

Just know there is an

image imagePregnancy Ticker image
  • Pick something fun to do for exercise!  Why is driving to the mall to walk your only option? It's not! Dance, swim, do yoga, garden, knead bread dough by hand, ...a lot of things are exercise.  Do anything you enjoy doing that gets your heart ra
  • I am in the same boat! I weighed 120 when i got pregnant ( I am 5'8) and now I weigh 166! I am so frustraited because I eat better than I did before I got pregnant and now i just keep gaining! I gave up looking at the scale.. there is no point... I h
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Me: 28 // DH: 28 TTC #1 since 6/2010 Unexplained Infertility Diagnoses HSG: all clear 07/2011 // SA: Great! 07/2011 SHG : everything normal 08/2011 100mg Clomid, Ovidrel Shot, TI = BFN 09/29/2011 unmediated IUI #1 BFN 10/10/2011 taking a break from fertility treatments 11/2011 Clomid 50 mg IUI #2 BFN 03/2012 Clomid 100 mg IUI #3 BFN IVF scheduled for July 2012 08/29/2012 BFP! Beta #1 on 8/29 250 Beta #2 on 8/31-461 BabyFruit Ticker My Blog
  • A friend of mine gained 70 pounds with her first...and had a 10 pound baby!  I gained 40 pounds with each of my boys and am definitely gaining more than that this pregnancy.

As someone else said, the main thing is being able to lose it all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You poor girl! If you are on your feet all day, you should rest when you can at night. Lots of that weight will be gone before you leave the hospital. Everyone is different and it sounds like you are already suffering, so try not to be upset, too.
  • Weight guidelines are just guidelines. What else can you do if you are already active and eating healthy? At some point your body is just going to do what it's going to do. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Like PP's have said-you will gain what your body wants to gain. I am extremely conscious of what I eat, I have a high energy job and do some light exercises still (though not as much as I'd like, I confess) I only splurge on something small-I don't over d
  • I've also gained about 40lbs (158 when I got the BFP and 196 when I weighed myself this morning) but I am not sweating it. My midwife has never said anything about my weight gain. I lost 30lbs on Weight Watchers a few years ago so I'm confident that I

• Awe don't feel bad. They way I have been looking at the weight thing, is if you know your eating healthy and not totally over eating on the junk food, is to not worry about your weight. I don't even know what I weigh to be honest, cause I just really d

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I gained 57 lbs with both of my first two pregnancies.  I know it seems rediculous!  BUT, with both babies, when I went back for my 6 week check-up, I had already lost over 40 pounds each time doing absolutely nothing, but nursing.  Some pe

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"