May 2013 Moms

Installing car seats/packing hospital bag

I am sure this has been talked about before, but now that we are getting closer...when are you ladies planning on having your carseat bases installed and hospital bag packed by?  I have heard people say 6 weeks before for the hospital bag and I have heard people say they will pack when they go into labor.  As for the car seat, I have no idea when you should try to have the base installed by.

Thanks!

Re: Installing car seats/packing hospital bag

• Look through the last few pages of posts. This has been asked 2-3 times in the last few days. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Everything will be ready by 34w for us, but that's because DS was early. I still won't install the carseat base until much later. It's super fast and easy.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on what you are comfortable with. My plan last time was to be packed by 35 wks. I went into PTL at 32w6d and DS1 arrived at 33w5d. Needless to say we weren't prepared at all.

Everything obviously turned out fine, MIL brought in th

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • 37 or 38 weeks probably. I'll just pack a few things and leave it open in our room, and it won't take DH long to install the seat again. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since I'm 34 weeks tomorrow...  I should probably pack a bag?!
    BabyName Ticker
  • imageslweaver0626:
    Since I'm 34 weeks tomorrow...  I should probably pack a bag?!

Holy baloney, some

• We're having our carseat installed next week since our shower is this weekend...  we know we won't need it for a few weeks after that, but our OB suggested it as a good way to start preparing and adjusting our lifestyle.  DH went grocery shoppin
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekryshy123:

imageslweaver
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • I'm due in 6 weeks and 6 days. My bag is packed and my car seat is installed.
  • We just got our carseat yesterday at the shower and are installing it ASAP.  It'll bring peace of mind to know it will be done and it is one less thing on the to-do list.  :)
  • imagemommacakes4u:
    The day before RCS.

Pretty much. We'll probably install the seat a week or so in advance, bu
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Probably sometime towards the end of April or early May when I just can't wait anymore....nesting was strong last time.  I'll probably detail my car first before I put the base in though.
  • I'm 32.5 weeks and have had the carseats (still in boxes) for a few weeks now. I've been holding off installing them because (a) I'm afraid we'll get into a fender bender before they're born, and I've heard you're supposed to replace car seats that hav

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I planned on the base being installed and bag mostly packed at 35 weeks. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• We are installing the base at 37 weeks, and I will start to pack my hospital bag then with items that I have travel size items of. The rest I won't pack until I am close or in labor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DS1 I started packing on a Thursday and finished while in labor that Saturday, it really wasn't a huge deal to do some packing while in labor.  It's not like we had to fly out the door so we'd get there before he was born, first labors especi

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I won't be going past about 37 weeks due to IUGR so I will probably have it packed by 35 weeks or so.  The carseat MH will just install while I'm at the hospital probably.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I guess 37 weeks ish. Last time I got the baby is coming panic and made DH install it. This time I am just taking it to the Fire Station. I had a problem with DD's seat today and they were awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll be packing my bag (or at least making a list of what to pack) this weekend (32 weeks). It's on the early side, but I'm antsy and have a feeling DS may come early.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Next week is my spring break so I'll be off work and plan on doing all that stuff then. I'm a FTM and anxious about it though. I'd love to be one of those relaxed, cool pregnant ladies that doesn't stress but I'm not at all. I'll probably be 35ish weeks w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"