Pregnant after 35

Moms of 2+

I am scheduled for my c-section this week and am starting to have pangs about DD1 becoming an older sister.  I feel guilty she won't be an "only child" or be allowed to be a "baby" a little longer.  I feel like she is still a little baby in her own way at 16 months.  DH and I are trying to have as much fun with her and give her lots of attention before the big day.  I have started tearing up when I look at her and realize everything is going to change very soon.  I also can't imagine loving another little person as much as I love DD1. I feel like I am going to be an emotional wreck the day before my c-section.  Am I just being overly emotional?  Would appreciate thoughts and experiences. TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of 2+

• My first two were under 2yo and you will find that you have just as much love for #2 as you do #1, because they are two entirely different babies/people. Sure, life is going to change, but I found it to be a positive change.

• I was 100% where you are.  Our 2nd pregnancy was planned. My sister is my best friends.  Still, I felt ridiculously guilty having DS2.  After DS2 was born, I didn't feel truly settled until DS1 was back at the hospital with us. That was a y
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm exactly where you are!  I can't really offer any advice since I haven't been there (yet), but I just wanted to say that I have the exact same feelings that you do.  My DD is 28 months old, and will be almost 2.5 when baby boy is born. &nb

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • I was also where you are but it was 5 years ago. My dd 6.5 and DS 5 are now the best of friends and are truly gifts to each other. My Dh and I say a lot that we don't know what they would do without each other.

In many ways I'm unsure in sim
  • Maybe I'm a jerk... but I cannot understand this at all.  I really don't see what the big deal is at all.  Whenever people say the things you've said on "A Baby Story" I always roll my eyes and think "Oh God.... get over it!"  I'm not tryin
  • imageMrsGibb:
    Maybe I'm a jerk... but I cannot understand this at all.  I really don't see what the big deal is at all. 
  • Again, like PP, I felt the exact same way so I think it is quite normal to feel this way.  I really thought I wouldn't bond at all with DS when he was born because DD was the center of my world.  However, after I held him and nursed him, I fe

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you everyone for your very kind and reassuring responses, and for sharing your experiences.  They are very much appreciated.

Hijoi, the reading you sent brought tears to my eyes!

• I just found out we are pregnant with #2 but I already have the same concerns that you do. I love my little munchkin so much I think my heart could explode and it makes me savor our time together before a little brother or sister changes the dynamics.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagehijoi:

I understand completely where you are coming from, but my little guy was the center of my world for three years before

• The feeling of guilt is totally normal, but as you have probably heard before...your LO will NEVER EVEN REMEMBER a time without their sibling!!!!  The divided attention, the times when DD had to cry for a bit while you attended to baby...it will b

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I too remember the thought that I could never love another baby after loving my first one so much.  When you hold that 2nd baby in your arms you will find that you love this little one too.   They will be different but honestly your will love th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"