Postpartum Depression
Options

Lexapro (Escitalopram)

Hi Ladies

I have just been put on Escitalopram (the generic of lexapro) for anxiety, and I am just trying to get a feel for the drug before I take it. If you have taken it would you mind sharing your experience?

My biggest fear is the feeling of no emotion (just walking through life, going through the motions). Did you have diarrhea, vomiting, weight gain?

I have been perscribed a very low dose (10mg), and I am instructed to take half a tablet for the first 5 days. I feel like I need something just to take the edge off, but I still want to feel like myself and not a zombie.

Thank you for sharing

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Lexapro (Escitalopram)

• Options
    I too was worried about being emotionless, but that's not what happens. I've taken it and it definitely helped me. It can take a few weeks to fully take effect.
  • Options
    I was just prescribed the same this week although they didnt tell me to take half the dosage initially.  Maybe we can be Lexapro buddies?? LOL.  Good luck.  I'm really hoping it helps my PPA/PPD before I go off the deep end and my marriage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been taking this since January for PPA.  It has worked wonders for me.  I feel like my old self again.  I will still worry (which is natural), but I can shrug it off easier and it does not consume my life anymore!  I was put on
  • Options
    My doctor just prescribed Lexapro this morning.  I am very nervous about taking it, but I know that I need it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lexapro definitely did not make me a zombie like some drugs can. I've had other family members who have used that one as well, and I didn't notice any of those side effects in them. It takes a while to start working - I used Abilify (beware the weight

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Love, love, LOVE lexapro. Can't say enough good things about it.

The first couple of days are a little rough for me. I usually experience increased anxiety, some irritability, hot flashes and insomnia. Nothing really bad, I can just tell there's

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    imagehomebird:

Love, love, LOVE lexapro. Can't say enough good things about it.

The first couple of days are a little rough f

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"