Babies: 3 - 6 Months

anyone else NOT going to use a jumper/walker/exersaucer thing?

Hi all,

Long story short, my husband does NOT want our son to use one of those chairs that allow the baby's legs to dangle. He was told that this is bad for development and that it was actually banned in Canada? I tend to think they are fine as long as you dont plop the baby in it for a long time. Im picking my battles here. We tried the bumbo and my son's thighs are too big for it. Any other ideas? Thanks! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: anyone else NOT going to use a jumper/walker/exersaucer thing?

• I don't think the legs are supposed to dangle in the exersaucer. The feet are supposed to touch the bottom.

I need more information before I can give ideas. What are you looking for? Something to help baby sit up? Work on standing? The bumbo ser

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not going to use one. I have heard they are bad for baby's development in different areas. Also, no space for such a thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. "Dangle" is probably not the right word. Anyway, we were told that these arent good for the baby's development so we just want a chair that he can sit in- like the bumbo but with something that can entertain him, too. I heard the summer infant cha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the summer 3-in-1 seat and love it.  Plenty of room for chuny legs, as we have this problem too and it has a table all around it with toys.  the best part is it turns into a booster for the chair when they get older.  I bought min

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Check out the Summer 3 in 1 seat.  We use a jumperoo, DD loves it.  There's nothing wrong with it in moderation. I think you are referring to hip issues?  Just don't use it longer than 20 min. Some people don't like Bumbos (or any other sea
  • Just got LO the mamas and papas baby snug chair and love it. It's way better than the bumbo. His legs were too chunky for it. It's a bit pricey though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know they dont just dangle there, I just cant think of the word- we were told that when they sit in those seats with the harness thingy and their feet / toes touch the floor it can be bad for their hips or they can become tippy toe walkers. I dont ne

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wasnt' aware these were supposed to be bad. DS1 used a Fisher Price jumperoo and it was his favorite toy by far. He's a perfect little boy with no issues, quite the athlete actually. And legs don't really dangle, they are supposed to touch the floor.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We aren't going to use one either. I think they are only bad if overused which is probably tempting if they enjoy it. Haha. I don't really think they are physically bad but they may tempt you to have one on one interaction which I think is most benefic
  • From what I've read if the baby has hip dysplasia the style of seat in a jumper/exersaucer can cause further problems. In a normal baby they'd have to spend tons of time in it to be problematic. That said, I'm not getting one. They take up space and I try
  • We are not using one either. Mainly for the reason babies are so over stimulated these days, plus H and I are determined to not let our house be over-run with baby stuff. Have you considered something like the Go Pod? You are then able to give LO a couple

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"