Two Under 2

Babies will be 16 months apart

Hello,

I am currently pregnant, and by the time my baby is born, my daughter and the new baby will be about 16 months apart. For anybody that has has around this same distance with age, what is the best advice you have for maintaining energy to spend time with both and still keep the oldest on track as far as milestones? Any help would be appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: Babies will be 16 months apart

• I read to my first while breastfeeding my second. I sat on the coach, right next to a basket of books and just kept reading. My son usually liked it, though he had to get used to the new routine. I also tried to keep up with going to story time at the
  • My kids are 13.5 months apart. Newborns sleep a lot so in those 1st few weeks whenever baby was sleeping I read to my DD, or played with her. It worked out well. As my infant got older, they started doing more and more activities together. My biggest piec
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekagl08:
    My kids are 13.5 months apart. Newborns sleep a lot so in those 1st few weeks whenever baby was sleeping I read to my
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenawlinsgrl:

imagekagl08:
  • imagekagl08:
    imagenawlinsgrl:</stron
  • This was a great post! My babies will be 11 months apart. As of now it's hard because I'm exhausted being in the first trimester but DS needs attention too so I'm unable to nap like before plus i work full time. Do any of you work with having 2 under 2?
  • Great advice! Mine will be 14-15 months apart. What do you do when the older one transitions to one nap and the younger is still on two naps?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebreezelikewind:
    Great advice! Mine will be 14-15 months apart. What do you do when the older one transitions to one nap and th
  • I guess I feel a little better that my babies will be 21 mos apart! Might be a little easier based on the gaps I'm seeing here, but then again my first lo is high maintenance! Can't wait for new lo in nov!
  • imagemegframe16:
    This was a great post! My babies will be 11 months apart. As of now it's hard because I'm exhausted being in the f
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are 14m apart, and even though we're only 3 months in, things are going pretty well. DS is really good at playing independently and I trust him now to not always be where I can see him. I can play with DS#2 while DS#1 does his own thing.  The

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"