April 2013 Moms
Options

question for STM's

In your opinion did having your first bring you and your husband closer? - for instance my husband and I were together for years and lived together for years before we actually got married, but something about being married just brought us closer . ... curious if you felt this with your first child?

Re: question for STM's

• Options
    No. I'd say our relationship stayed the same. We are close, but still have disagreements. I'd say we have a healthy relationship, but I don't feel closer to DH just because of DS (or DD coming). I do like watching him be a father though! :)
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Options
    I think so. Dh and I don't have much in common, even though we love each other very much, we just have different interests. Having the kids and playing with and raising them is something we both enjoy doing and have in common. Some would say it's not heal
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a similar history with MH.  We met dated for 10 years, then moved in & got engaged shortly after, and had a nearly 2 year engagement before getting married.  2 years later we had our first child.  We get closer everyday.&

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd say closer, after an initial adjustment period. The early days were rough as we figured out our new roles as parents. Plus we're both snippy on rationed sleep. Now, though, one of our favorite times of day is getting in bed and talking over all the fu
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes.  We were already best friends before we got married.  Then marriage did bring us even closer.  Having our daughter kind of add even another bond between us.   I would say we are even closer now.  Although some of the rom
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• Options
    Yes. having DD totally brought us closer. There is nothing that makes me love that man more than watching him interact with our sweet daughter. Even on days when we are really wearing at each others nerves, He can pick her up and kiss her and love her an
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I felt it brought us closer together. In the beginning we were both more stressed and could easily get mad at each other. We got through it and I feel like we are stronger because of our child. It felt like we were tested and in the end I think we bot
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Very much. Two things can happen after a baby, either everything falls apart or your marriage gets stronger. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would say it brought us closer in some ways and farther apart in other ways. We definitely have a deeper bond in general now that we are parents to Zoe. Sharing love on that deep of a level with a little person has made us feel a lot more connected and
  • Options
    I'm a FTM, but being pregnant and planning for our LO to arrive has already made us closer together. We talk more, dream more, and adore each other in the new roles we are planning to take on. We are more of a team than we have ever been. I can only
    BFP #1 2/20/12 - ectopic methotrexate @6w2d on 3/6/12 BFP#2 7/27/12 EDD 4/10/13- It's a boy! imageimagePhotobucketBabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageSpringPeeper:
    yes. we are much closer now than before DD was born and hardly ever fight anymore.

• Options
    No. We lived together before we got married too, and I didn't feel like marriage changed our relationship at all either. If anything, having kids is a huge stress on our relationship.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    That's a great question! :) I hope that it will bring me and my hubby even closer as well :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageMurraydog:
    Yes. having DD totally brought us closer. There is nothing that makes me love that man more than watching him inte
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"