April 2012 Moms

Still using bottles???

I have no idea if we are behind or on target. My LO still takes 4 bottles of formula a day. How many bottles are your LO's still taking??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Still using bottles???

• DS still takes several bottles a day. We're working on night weaning. He also hasn't shown a lot of interest in sippy cups yet. I think there's a wide range of where kids are right now, so I wouldn't worry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here. DS is really not doing well with a sippy. In fact he seems to hate it. He also will not hold his own bottles. We are still mostly eating purees and some (not a whole lot) of table food. We are also working on night weaning. We have gone to the CIO method which kills us. I actually sit there and cry while I watch the montior but when he sleeps hes SO much happier during the day!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 4 bottles a day for us. STTN. Purees, yogurts... not anything too crazy for "real" food. LO's weight was a concern, so they told us to concentrate on the bottle for calories.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD BF's in the am and then has 2-3 bottles while I am at work (I'm usually gone for 10 hours) and then will BF once before bed.  She will takes little drinks from a sippy cup but only if we hold it for her.  I feel better about this now knowing I am not alone.
  • When DS is at daycare, he gets 2 bottles. The rest of the day, he nurses or drinks WCM or water from a sippy. I want to transition the bottles (half WCM, half BM) to a sippy, but DH isn't ready yet.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • She still getting formula/mixed with WCM four times a day, but we have been offering them in sippy cups. We plan to make the switch to sippy full time soon.

• imagechelle7707:

I have no idea if we are behind or on target. My LO still takes 4 bottles of formula a day. How many bottles are your LO's still taking??

Yup, us too. 4 Bottles/day 7oz I recently ordered a straw cup (Lollacup) that is supposed to be spill-proof! So I think I am just going to start filling that up with formula throughout the day and let him drink what he wants. 

He seems like he's getting kinda big to be laying down drinking a bottle. Morning/Night time is fine though he's still a baby :)

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• our pedi didn't say anything about timing, and she only recenly has wanted to drink out of my cup. now if its in my hand, she wants it.

so long story short she's still taking all her BM in bottle form. i'll probably buy her a sippy cup next time i'm at target. 

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • oops, wrong board.  good to know there are mom's this far along still using bottle though!
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • imageJazzyashes84:
    imagechelle7707:

Yup, us too. 4 Bottles/day 7oz I recently ordered a straw cup (Lollacup) that is supposed to be spill-proof! So I think I am just going to start filling that up with formula throughout the day and let him drink what he wants. 

He seems like he's getting kinda big to be laying down drinking a bottle. Morning/Night time is fine though he's still a baby :)

OP: DS gets 2 6 oz bottles plus 2-3 straw cups of WCM/Formula.  I tried SO many sippy cups before trying a straw cup. He took to the straw cup right away! So if your little one isn't into the sippy cups I suggust trying a straw cup.

Jazzy:  I have the Lollacup, just an FYI it is FAR from spill-proof.  I have found that most of the spill-proof straw cup are way to hard to suck from so DS can't use them.  I do like the Lollacup, but I only put water in it since it spills everytime he sets it down since it tips over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're still on three bottles a day. She has one in the am, when she wakes up, another at nap time, then bedtime. The rest of the day she eats solids and drinks from the sippy.
  • My LO still uses a bottle for EBM and still nurses frequently in addition to solids. I found luck with the sippy cup if I give her something other than milk out of it. Water or super watered down apple juice 1 part juice: 45 parts water she won't take EBM out of it yet though.
  • For milk, still on bottles. He gets 3 or 4 bottles of pumped milk at daycare, then when I'm with him I nurse him. He also gets about 8 oz of solid food a day.

He loves drinking from a sippy cup, but he isn't efficient at it yet and it's mostly just playing/practicing. He only gets water in the sippy cup, no way am I going to waste breastmilk in there yet! 

Edit: Oops, sorry, I'm not an April 2012 mom, I thought I clicked on August 2012! 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have LO on a bottle in the morning and before bed. Otherwise its a sippy cup. She really hated the cup at first, and I had to buy multiple different types before we found one she likes. She is mostly on regular food as well. She already has 10 teeth and has hit most milestones early. Kids all progress at different rates, just follow their lead!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"