Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

I get SO frustrated when my baby...

...wakes up to feed, starts to feed, wrestles his body taking himself off of the nipple, crying again to eat, grunts and wrestles himself off of the nipple, eats for 5 minutes then falls asleep, doesn't burp, spits up when put down soon after, cries and wrestles his body seconds later, stares at me motionless when I put him on the breast again...

I'm already exhausted from sleeping for only an hour and a half! Why can't he just eat peacefully until full and go peacefully to sleep for 4 hours after that?!

I get so frustrated and angry and it scares me because I want to be a sweet and loving mother. Sad

I got so desperate for sleep that now my DH takes him from 8 p.m.-3 a.m. and then gives him to me and we both try to sleep. The first night it worked like a charm...then last night - nope!! I cried and cried after an hour of this fiasco.

It's hard not to take it personally and think this little baby is out to drive me crazy!

Our existing schedule is: eat/sleep according to his cues, get ready for bed around 7:30 p.m., go to sleep around 8:00 p.m., waking/feeding as he needs, then up for the day when the sun rises.

I tried this because I'm going back to work in a few days and NEED to get some sanity so that I can function and be a tolerable person but this is not working!

Please help me feel normal for feeling this way and/or give me some advice! My DS is almost 6 weeks, was born at 39 weeks, and I'm a FTM...

Sincerely,

Searching for My Joy

Re: I get SO frustrated when my baby...

• Options
    All I can say its you are definitely not alone and my DD has been a struggle too. It is exhausting and frustrating trying to make this little person happy that you love so much but it so hard to take care of. Six weeks was the hardest week by far. It stil
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i'm a first time mom my daughter is 6 weeks also so i am no expert. but i wanted to share with you that we had 5 straight days of hell when it came to her sleeping and last night she went back to her normal bearable night time sleeping routine/schedule.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I could have written your post... I'm dealing with that here, except my DS is 11 weeks old, and I have a two year old that keeps me busy all day! I'm guessing 3 month growth spurt on our end, so I would guess the 6 week one for you. Last night was bad...
  • Options
    You are not alone and it's ok to feel frustrated, but your baby is trying to tell you something. He is in pain. My baby does the same thing....they have horrible stomach pain due to gas. This is what I do and it has helped a ton. Give baby mylacon drops o
  • Options
    Oh how I needed to hear this!! Your words give me the energy to be positive! Ill hold onto this post anytime I need to be reminded!...which I'm sure will be often...
  • Options

It happens. Just because you get frustrated doesn't mean that you are not still the sweet and loving mother that you want to be.

DS does something very similar and at 1:00 pm, not a big deal. At 3:00 am? Yeah, big difference and I get frustrated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageEventmerlin:
    He is in pain.

You actually don't know if her baby is in pain....  

• Options
    wow at last someone who feels like i do! my baby does the same exact thing since she was born, i used to just cry thinking i was doing something wrong. she's now 12 weeks and she doesn't do it as often, i think it was mainly because i have an overactive l
  • Options
    I could have written your exact post OP, don't feel bad at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageEventmerlin:
    You are not alone and it's ok to feel frustrated, but your baby is trying to tell you something. He is in pain. M
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageEventmerlin:
    You are not alone and it's ok to feel frustrated, but your baby is trying to tell you something. He is in pain. <
  • Options

Have you tried to feed while sitting and put lo in a sitting position to eat? I started doing this when my lo was spitting up, squirmy and fussy from burps stuck in there.  I dont do it all the time but when she gets like that I feed her in a way

• Options
    I really think it's all a matter of getting used to your baby and finding what works.  6 weeks is early to go back so I can understand your frustration.  Just know that the more time goes on, the better in-tune you'll be with the baby.  Goo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"