Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

another umbilical cord question

so My son's umbilical cord pulled away but the middle section a few days ago, I just put a bandaid on it till i saw my mother in law (a LPN) and she put some proxide on it and put anther bandaid on it. I thought the bandaid was a dumb idea because it needs to dry out, so I took it off and put gauze over it, and taped it down. well last night it fell off when I checked it. so I left it over night and then cleaned the puss off of it, with peroxide but around the button it is red! no more puss or dried blood. I did give him a good bath. I am just worried it is infected or could because it looks like and inny outie but has a deep hole that looks like wet new skin! could that part get infected?

Re: another umbilical cord question

• Options
    I think you are supposed to use alcohol to clean it. I believe my LO's was a little red for a day or two after she tore it off. It also bled a little bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Use alcohol to clean it with a qtip and it'll be fine. Usually it's red after it comes off, especially if it's pulled off. 

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BBS!BBS! member
    Use alcohol every diaper change and no more band aids.
  • Options
    I'm usually not very big on herbal remedies, but my midwife suggested Golden Seal for the umbilical cord. They come in little capsules that you can open and pour a little on the cord stump. It dried it up and healed amazingly fast. Seriously, I was shocke
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

I was told not to treat it with anything and everything came off before he was two weeks old. I was told that treating it, with alcohol, water, peroxide, only slows the healing process and is actually a preserver, making things last longer.

I wou

• Options
    imagejesspomales:

I was told not to treat it with anything and everything came off before he was two weeks old. I was told that tre

• Options
    imagejesspomales:
    I was told not to treat it with anything and everything came off before he was two weeks old. I was told that treating
    Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"