3rd Trimester

Anyone else highly emotional about introducing new baby to toddler

Before I begin, please understand that I am so excited about this baby boy!!!  That being said, we have an almost 3 year old daughter who is LITERALLY the center of our lives.  Yes, she's spoiled, but she also is just a wonderful little girl whom I have a very close, special relationship with.  I am not at all worried about how she will relate to or treat her brother.  I know there is bound to be some jealousy, but she loves babies and is an unusually empathetic toddler. I am, however worried about how her relationship with me will change. I criied on my way to work this morning...............I dont want her to feel abandoned by me!!  Does anyone else ever feel this way?  Will it pass??
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Anyone else highly emotional about introducing new baby to toddler

• not EX, existing child................didn't realize it cut off!!!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I had a lot of ups and downs when I was pregnant with DD. DS was our first and the only grandchild on either side so needless to say, he was the center of everyone's world. I remember breaking down a couple of times because I was worried that having DD

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I did have a tough time with guilt when I brought home DS2.  I felt horrible especially cause DS1 was only 15 months old.

It was hard for me to totally bond with DS2 right away even though I nursed him because I felt guilty holding him in fr

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you both for your responses!  I'm hormonal and emotional anyway, and I'm sure I'm just thinking/worrying too much about how my daughter will react!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • DS # 1 was what I worried about while pregnant with #2.  I felt guilty that I would be taking away him being the only one.  I knew it was great we were giving him a sibling but it is a huge change for you and your LO...totally normal.  A fr
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I definitely had a strong emotional reaction introducing DS1 to DD2. The weirdest thing was that I felt detached from him - only being apart for three days - but after having the baby - who was so very small - when I first saw and held DS again - he felt
  • I definitely feel "bad" for DD sometimes and even get a little jealous FOR her knowing that when the new baby comes, she'll get so much less attention.  After all, I haven't met this new baby yet and I haven't formed a relationship with it yet the

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I can totally relate.  My daughter is almost 7 now and for most of her life it was just me and her.  She's my best little buddy and we have such a special relationship.  I haven't been nesting with my home or getting ready for the baby but
  • Oh yes!  I had an emotional breakdown when we got to the hospital to have #2.  Sobbing, snotty mess about how I was ruining her life, what was I thinking, etc.

Now I do occasionally because DS is my baby.  And I feel so bad for ste

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely. I actually freaked the minute I got my BFP (and this was not unplanned). DS is about your LO's age, so he will be 3 right after the baby gets here. He's so used to having us all to himself; nevermind he's just so easy now (I mean, ye

• I feel the same way. DD can be a very... emotional little girl and does really well at conveying her feelings. I'm trying to prepare myself for that moment she gets mad and lashes out at me for spending so much time with the baby, which is completely inev
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So this can probably be taken with a grain of salt since I don't have another child (FTM) but I do have a dog who has been the center of our world for over a year now and I'm emotional over introducing him to LO when she arrives.  We love him and he
  • *raising hand* I have some worries and I keep hoping that I can incorporate the baby into our family as gently as possible. I keep reading all these blogs and looking for ways to not push aside the toddler and their needs when you have a newborn. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's totally normal.  Towards the end of my twin pg I cried many nights putting DS1 to bed, cried the morning of my c/s (we left before he woke).  It's all of the unknown.  DS1 still has major jealousy, but overall we gave him the best gift

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"