July 2013 Moms

Should have punched him! Creative comebacks welcomed.

Ok here's one for you gals that I NEVER thought I'd get:

At a grocery store, I picked a package of premade tofu salad rolls. The man standing next to me says, " You know if you eat too much soy, your baby will be gay." I looked at his his face in hopes that he was smiling and maybe it was a terribly bad joke. But no...he was serious. 

OMFG I was so flabbergasted I had no words and just walked away. Now my blood boils and I keep thinking of all the things I might have said.

Ugh!!! 

Re: Should have punched him! Creative comebacks welcomed.

• Wow...should have turned and said that's great so am I :D
  • I would've peeked at what he was buying, or if he didn't have anything, asked him what he was picking up today, and then said, "I guess that stuff makes you a bigot."
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I would have said, "I know! My doctor just told me! That's why I'm eating so much!"
  • He was probably just socially awkward, like jack Nicholson in as good as it gets, poor thing, just doesn't have social skillz
  • I would be in a jail cell, because i would have introduced that jerk to my right hook.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Wow. That's messed up.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageTTCFeb2011+2IVFsPg:
    I would've peeked at what he was buying, or if he didn't have anything, asked him what he was picking up t
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTTCFeb20112IVFsPg:
    I would've peeked at what he was buying, or if he didn't have anything, asked him what he was picking up today,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • habfgljbeflhwetbf;wbef WHAT?!

You can't fix stupid.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• OH MY GOD that's terrible!! My jaw dropped when I read that!!

To be honest, I don't know what I would have said. I have an attitude on me and when someone offends me or my family the crazy New Yorker in me comes out. I'm so sorry you had to deal

• OMFG I can't believe the nerve of some people...I honestly don't know what I would have said, but what ever it was it wouldn't have been very nice at all!!!
  • I don't even know if serious or joking is worse.  What a stupid thing to say.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • imagemissymr:
    imageTTCFeb2011
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • imageTTCFeb2011+2IVFsPg:
    I would've peeked at what he was buying, or if he didn't have anything, asked him what he was picking up t
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"