Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby development

So my baby girl is just over 9 weeks old. Today, she was sitting on the couch and fell over onto her side. When I picked her up, I put her on her tummy on the couch. All of a sudden, she rolled over onto her back! I thought it was a fool roll, so I laid her on her tummy again, and she rolled over yet again a few seconds later. Is this normal for a 9 week old baby? Or is she just that much ahead of the game? She has been holding her head up since 3 weeks, and she holds it very steady now. Plus, she loves to bounce herself on my lap when I hold her under her arms.

Re: Baby development

• Mine rolled at about the same time.
  • DD1 didn't roll until 3 months, but DD2 rolled at 7 weeks and has been rolling ever since. Some kiddos just gain that muscle control faster than others. I think when books and pedi's say an appropriate age for things like rolling, crawling, walking etc...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • My lo has been able to roll from side to side from his back since week 1 and trying to hold up his head/holding up his head for a few secs since week 2. We asked and the ped said he is very strong and has good muscle tone. At 5 weeks he rolled over from h
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"