Babies on the Brain

I love how people who don't know us at all

come on here and make all these judgments about how we're all bitter and horrible.

We are so nice to each other. Wink

We are only mean if you are stupid!

Re: I love how people who don't know us at all

• It's not even "mean" if someone's stupid. It's honest. There is a big difference that people seem to lose sight of.

• I guess thats a good way to live life. So...the people who don't know you and judge you can because well we are nice to our friends to but mean to you because we think you are stupid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well said, Auntisha.
  • Because they don't know us at all. Oh, and because they get butt-hurt.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageYen2.0:
    I guess thats a good way to live life. So...the people who don't know you and judge you can because well we are nice to our friends to but mean to you because we think you are stupid.

I don't get this run-on sentence. Try again.

• don't worry backing away before the bitterness rubs off on me.

• oh not the grammar police are after me!
  • imageYen2.0:
    I guess thats a good way to live life. So...the people who don't know you and judge you can because well we are nice to our friends to but mean to you because we think you are stupid.

You don't have to be stupid.  It's not a prerequisite for living.  I am not stupid normally.  I have my moments, yes, but I am not going to cry over those moments or cry if someone calls me out.

The first couple of posts I made on this board, I was called out on some things and I took it like an adult instead of crying about it and complaining that people were not being helpful.  

• imageYen2.0:
    oh not the grammar police are after me!

no, it's the comprehension police. 

• Maybe if you would be NICE once in a while, we wouldn't come on here and say mean things about you.  Plain and simple, grow a sensitivity chip.
  • imageYen2.0:

don't worry backing away before the bitterness rubs off on me.

Read that again and then EDIT

• Seriously. I got flamed on my first post. It was dumb, I fully admit and take blame for it. We only flame people that ask dumb questions and expect us to be an e-pregnancy test. All the regulars are super supportive and we care about each other. We are more than willing to help out newbs that do their homework and lurk first! We have had a lot of smart newbs do their intros over the past few days and receive only kind words in return.
  • The way that I look at it is like this...

A noob posts a stupid question.  We answer honestly with a dash of sarcasm.  She either laughs it off and learns something, and becomes friends with us OR she becomes a 5 year old and whines about how MEAN we are. 

Either way, I hope to have prevented said girl from posting the same stupid question on another board where thousands of other girls will laugh at her, too. 

I'm doing her a favor.  And you will never convince me otherwise.

• imagesungirl5150:
    Maybe if you would be NICE once in a while, we wouldn't come on here and say mean things about you.? Plain and simple, grow a sensitivity chip.
    We are nice A LOT. Just not to idiots that don't deserve it. I am shaking in my fvcking boots that you had to "come on here" and say "mean" things to us. Oh. dear. me.?You sure showed us.
  • imagesungirl5150:
    Maybe if you would be NICE once in a while, we wouldn't come on here and say mean things about you.  Plain and simple, grow a sensitivity chip.

And lemme guess, you lurked for three days while you couldn't post?

I don't care if you say mean things about me or anyone else.  You're an e-stranger and my e-feeling don't affect my real feelings.  If I grow a sensitivity chip will you grow a spine?

• imagesungirl5150:
    Maybe if you would be NICE once in a while, we wouldn't come on here and say mean things about you.  Plain and simple, grow a sensitivity chip.

The difference between me and you is that I don't give a shit if you like me.  I don't give a shit if you are nice to me.  Grow up.

• imageJessicalovesTrevor:
    Seriously. I got flamed on my first post. It was dumb, I fully admit and take blame for it. We only flame people that ask dumb questions and expect us to be an e-pregnancy test. All the regulars are super supportive and we care about each other. We are more than willing to help out newbs that do their homework and lurk first! We have had a lot of smart newbs do their intros over the past few days and receive only kind words in return.

Ditto: 

I was flamed big time for my first few post.... Grow a set and get over it. I would never get upset or cry about something that someone said to me on the internet... That's nuts.  

• imagesungirl5150:

Crying 

• imageTonto12:

imageJessicalovesTrevor:
    Seriously. I got flamed on my first post. It was dumb, I fully admit and take blame for it. We only flame people that ask dumb questions and expect us to be an e-pregnancy test. All the regulars are super supportive and we care about each other. We are more than willing to help out newbs that do their homework and lurk first! We have had a lot of smart newbs do their intros over the past few days and receive only kind words in return.

Ditto: 

I was flamed big time for my first few post.... Grow a set and get over it. I would never get upset or cry about something that someone said to me on the internet... That's nuts.  

Yep.  I was one of the regulars who flamed Tonto.  I served her up WELL DONE.  She was a sport about it and took it in stride.  You know what? I like her more for it. 

• I have actually been working today...so I haven't gotten to see any of the dramz.  BUT  I will say that I am new, and selectively post opinions/ask questions, and this board is awesome.

Just because everyone here doesn't hold your hand and walk you through your own pregnancy, doesn't mean that they aren't sensitive.  They just expect us all to research on our own a little before bothering the group with a dumbass question.

And if you ever had a real problem or something that actually warranted sympathy or sensitivity, it would be given.  I've seen it over and over (through my lurking) and have received it first hand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DSC_0153_edited-1 BabyFruit Ticker
  • As a newb who has less than, I don't know, 20 posts? I love you guys. I feel that in order to address the board you should have at least two working brain cells to rub together. If you can't figure out that you aren't having pregnancy symptoms at 4 dpo, you shouldn't be trying to reproduce! Furthermore, don't get pissy because someone calls you out for being dumb! These are the people that make newbs look bad, and why I lurked for 6 MONTHS before posting. Not 6 minutes, lol.
  • imageDoodlebugz:
    imageTonto12:

imageJessicalovesTrevor:

Ditto: 

Yep.  I was one of the regulars who flamed Tonto.  I served her up WELL DONE.  She was a sport about it and took it in stride.  You know what? I like her more for it. 

::Hugs Doodle! Big Smile

• imageKriszta:

imagesungirl5150:

I don't care if you say mean things about me or anyone else.  You're an e-stranger and my e-feeling don't affect my real feelings.  If I grow a sensitivity chip will you grow a spine?

And the dumb award of the day goes to...YOU!!!  Look at the day I signed up, smart one! 

• Finally!  Some "noobs" that understand.  I wonder why... oh, that's right! THEY LURKED!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, girls.

• imagesungirl5150:
    imageKriszta:

imagesungirl5150:

And the dumb award of the day goes to...YOU!!!  Look at the day I signed up, smart one! 

Actually, if you want to get technical... the dumb award goes to you.  Why?  Because if you have lurked on this board for over a year and STILL don't get it, then you are beyond help.  Now gothefucckaway.

• Thanks Doodle! And can I say that you're one of the regulars I'm glad didn't join in the mass exodus? lol You flame when it's necessary. Stupid people need that!
  • imagesungirl5150:
    imageKriszta:

imagesungirl5150:
    Maybe if you would be NICE once in a while, we wouldn't come on here and say mean things about you.? Plain and simple, grow a sensitivity chip.

I don't care if you say mean things about me or anyone else.? You're an e-stranger and my e-feeling don't affect my real feelings.? If I grow a sensitivity chip will you grow a spine?

?

And the dumb award of the day goes to...YOU!!!? Look at the day I signed up, smart one!?

You are a MORON. That date refers to the day you joined The Knot, not necessarily this board. Go somewhere else where people give a shlt what you say. You will get NO WHERE by attempting to insult one of our favorite regulars.
  • imageDoodlebugz:

Finally!  Some "noobs" that understand.  I wonder why... oh, that's right! THEY LURKED!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, girls.

but I'd totally expect to be called out on stupidity, if/when that happens.  I wouldn't cry or DD though!  I'd bend over and take the lashing like a real woman would Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DSC_0153_edited-1 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Actually, if you REALLY want to get technical, I joined the NEST in July of 07, in my 2nd tri.  When the BUMP made all the changes, it lost how many posts I had.  You ladies should all know that *sadly shakes head*

• imagesungirl5150:

Actually, if you REALLY want to get technical, I joined the NEST in July of 07, in my 2nd tri.? When the BUMP made all the changes, it lost how many posts I had.? You ladies should all know that *sadly shakes head*

?

?

Then you should know better.
    imagesungirl5150:
    imageKriszta:

imagesungirl5150:

You are a MORON. That date refers to the day you joined The Knot, not necessarily this board. Go somewhere else where people give a shlt what you say. You will get NO WHERE by attempting to insult one of our favorite regulars.

Get em JessicaLovesTrevor! 

imagesungirl5150:

Actually, if you REALLY want to get technical, I joined the NEST in July of 07, in my 2nd tri.  When the BUMP made all the changes, it lost how many posts I had.  You ladies should all know that *sadly shakes head*

Then you should know better.

My thoughts exactly.  I've been on TheKnot, Nest, Bump... whatever you want to call it since 2002 or 2003 (??) although my date doesn't reflect that.  Therefore, we have to rely on your post count and your attitude to accurately guage your noob status.  You FAILED.

• imageYen2.0:
    Case and point.
    border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"