Baby Showers

Question/advice

Hi ladies,

Could you give me some feedback on this?

How did you get your partner involved (and excited) about registering for baby?

I feel this is a big struggle for a lot of women, and they get upset easily if they think daddy "doesn't care."

Do you have any tips?

I really appreciate it!

Bump Jackie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question/advice

• My DH did register with me, but my overall take- I don't feel that registering w/ you is really all that big of a deal or a sign of the father's excitement or level of "care".

For men, they aren't PG.  It's not always as 'real' to them as it

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• My DH could care less about some stuff but is super picky about others, and I haven't figured out exactly what falls in each catigory yet. Usually if it is something more than about $20. I ask his opinion and see if he is willing to find something he l

• Loading the player...
  • I registered, however, just as a go to shopping guide for myself. For the most part the DH was involved, especially with what toys LO would get! For the carseat, I set it up kind of like a challenge (he loves competition) as to who could find the most

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • This is awesome feedback, and I am glad to see the pattern here :)

Keep it coming! THANKS!

• Well DH is more excited about this down the line as we already did the wedding where he was not thrilled at first and then got excited lol. 

Right now I am doing research and we take field trips to stores to price things (so we can buy them

Nichole Tampa, FL
  • My DH's interest in registering for baby was about the same as registering for our wedding. He usually has a shell shocked look on his face at the baby store, but when we talked about it he mentioned this was his first time seeing or researching baby item
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH is excited, but primarily lets me take the lead with registering. He's very good at discussing higher end items and giving a good input. He's been more of a support where I ask for suggestions or opinions rather then having him pick specifics. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Honestly I registered for everything on my own.  After I was done I sat him down and let him look at the registry online.  That was his opportunity for input.  But I put hours upon hours of research into the items that were picked and (kind
  • DH only wants to come with to put Legos on the registry. I wish he would stay home. Haha!!

• My husband could not have cared less about registering, and to be honest, I didn't bother to ask if he wanted to.  I know him well enough to know that he would rather stick a red-hot poker in his eye.  I took a friend with young children with me
    Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • What about once everything was in the house (after shower or party, etc)? Did he look through things? Did he get excited then?
  • imageBump Jackie:
    What about once everything was in the house (after shower or party, etc)? Did he look through things? Did he get exc
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• My DH was not interested but then I didnt find it exciting or fun either.  Researching to find the right items to purchase/ register for was not fun but something that needed to be done.  From the beginning, we divided up the responsibilities; &
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • (adding to my previous response) I did let him choose the theme for the nursery which is the only way i could get him involved in the decorations.  now that he picked the nursery theme (dinosaurs) he feels as if he has more of an ownership of the

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • imageBump Jackie:
    What about once everything was in the house (after shower or party, etc)? Did he look through things? Did he get
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • DH left the product research to me but he was all about running the scanner at the store!  

When there were pattern options to pick from on certain brands of things I wanted to register for, DH was pretty much in charge of selecting that wit

• imageBump Jackie:
    What about once everything was in the house (after shower or party, etc)? Did he look through things? Did he get
  • I'm finding myself irrationally irritated that women get their panties in a bunch because their husbands won't get excited over baby gear.  Come on.  Save your breath for important things like, you know, parenting. 

*Edited for

• DH was reluctant to go, but I told him he could use the scanner and then he got really into it.  Possibly even moreso than I was.  I also asked him to research specific items (monitor, car seat) and choose them.  I changed the design on

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much for all the insight ladies! I really appreciate it!
  • I personally thought it was awesome to have free reign in the baby gear department. DH was happy to leave it all to me, and I was happy to do the research and the planning to get the "right" stuff. 

I occasionally would ask his opinion

• I made sure he had a milkshake when we went so he was happy. Otherwise it's more of a learning experience for them bc they have no idea what the heck half of the stuff is for. 
  • I tried to get DH to go to the stores and register, but then I realized that he doesn't go through as much of the excitement for that kind of stuff. So, I did our registry online, and when it came to picking the pattern of the pack n' play or the highchai
  • My DH is overall fairly excited and loves to look at toys and clothes. He's been pretty interested in the big things like the stoller/carseat and crib. Patterns and stuff don't matter to him and some of the stuff he's had to ask me what it's for. :)
  • I'm planning to do my registry with a close friend that has kids; my husband hates shopping so the only involvement he has had so far is on picking out furniture and big items that we'll be buying ourselves, I'll ask his opinion about nursery decor if we're having a boy.

• DH only cared about picking the travel system we got and the furniture. Everything else I registered for on m own with the help of BFF and my mom. We did amazon online registry only so didnt ven have to go to store. I can't imagine my dude spending 2 hours looking at different bedding sets or debating the benefits of different sippy cups or pacifiers.  I couldn't care less if he is not excited about baby gear / registering. As long as he is being an involved parent when LO gets here, he gets a total free pass on not getting too excited about anything baby related before the birth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"