TTC After a Loss

Intro

Hi,

I've lurked for a while and thought I'd finally say hi. Mr Hubs and I have been trying since January 2012 for our first and we had loss #1 in September 2012 at 5 weeks and loss #2 in January 2013, again at 5 weeks. Today is day 1 of cycle 14 and I'm feeling really emotional and all over the place today.

We saw an RE a few times but he was less than useless, but at our last 3 minute appointment he said we had unexplained infertility and that was the last time we heard from him. That appointment was in January and after 3 appointments where we saw the RE for a total of 10 minutes for all 3 appointments, I refuse to go back to see him. Our GP can't refer us to another RE until I've had at least 3 more confirmed miscarriages.

Thanks. 

Weezee 

Re: Intro

• imageweezee:
    Hi,I've lurked for a while and thought I'd finally say hi. Mr Hubs and I have been trying since January 2012 for our first and we had loss 1 in September 2012 at 5 weeks and loss 2 in January 2013, again at 5 weeks. Today is day 1 of cycle 14 and I'm feeling really emotional and all over the place today.We saw an RE a few times but he was less than useless, but at our last 3 minute appointment he said we had unexplained infertility and that was the last time we heard from him. That appointment was in January and after 3 appointments where we saw the RE for a total of 10 minutes for all 3 appointments, I refuse to go back to see him. Our GP can't refer us to another RE until I've had at least 3 more confirmed miscarriages.Thanks.nbsp;Weezeenbsp;

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you. I don't have any advice but I hope you get some answers soon!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So sorry for your loss...my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your losses.  Welcome to the board.  I would be really ticked about the RE situation and I hope there are some ladies her on the board that can offer you some suggestions.  It doesn't seem right that they would require you to suffer through any more losses to help find a solution.  
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • I'm sorry for your losses. Unfortunately I do not have an advice on the RE situation. [HUGS]

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• I am so sorry for your losses. Welcome to the board, I hope you find the comfort and support you are looking for.

I don't have any advice on the RE situation but I agree that the one you had sucks. He should care more than he appears to.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry for your losses.  Is there another RE in the same practice that you may ask to see?  I'm also surprised that your GP is saying that you need to have 3 more m/cs (5 total) before they will refer you to a different RE.  I would schedule a consult appointment with your GP and explain that this RE is not providing basic care and is not available for you and that you just want to find a different doctor.  Sometimes you have to be the very squeaky wheel.

If your GP still refuses, can you at least go to an OB and see if you can get some very basic hormonal testing done? While an OB is no where near as good as an RE, they should be able to help spot a progesterone issue if one exists. 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • imagejenn0021:

I am so sorry for your losses. Welcome to the board, I hope you find the comfort and support you are looking for.

I don't have any advice on the RE situation but I agree that the one you had sucks. He should care more than he appears to.

This! And more ((HUGS))

TTC Our Rainbow Since May 2011

BFP#1 9/9/12 -- EDD 5/14/13 -- MMC 10/10/12 Miso 10/19/12

BFP #2 9/17/13 -- EDD 5/25/14-- CP confirmed 9/21/13
     BFP #3
    2/1/14 -- EDD 10/5/14 -- NMC 2/10/14

Dx: low progesterone & mild hypothyroidism

My Chart

4e41feae2813d8779361f4b4a13b4b 1

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• I am so sorry for your losses.

What a crappy OB/RE situation. IMO, I definitely think you need to have a sitdown with your OB about the RE that you saw. Three appointments and less than 10 minutes total is unacceptable. What did they do that allowed you to have 3 appointments? Just remember you are your best advocate. I don't feel like you should compromise your health, or your mentality by risking having 3 more losses in order to get the care you need and deserve. Sending good T's and P's your way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC since 4/12 BFP #1 11/15/12, MC/possible ectopic 11/20, natural MC BFP #2 1/15/13, ectopic discovered 2/15, surgery, R tube removed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"