Babies on the Brain

metallic taste in mouth

I just came off the pill 14 days ago to prepare to TTC. For the past 3-4 days I have been experiencing an awful metallic taste in my mouth off and on...I've been reading that this could be an early pregnancy symptom but I'm thinking it's WAY too soon. I've also experienced some mild cramping (which I originally attributed to ovulation or just my body getting used to being off BC)...is it possible that I could be pregnant already?

Re: metallic taste in mouth

• Someone please tell me its not still Tuesday?
  • Jump in the MUD puddle or be prepared for the flame thrower.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes it's way too soon. It means you have nasty breath, use a mint.

You would barely have ovulated, if at all by now, and are definately not pregnant yet.

• I had a puppy named Julian when I was 15.  He died though.
  • umm. I'm thinking no?
  • You are knocked up for sure.  Other signs to look for are a sick tummy and lots of gas.  This means it's quints.

You probably haven't even ovulated yet.  Please go educate yourself about your body.

• ::sugar high is wearing off::

• Stop chewing on tinfoil.
  • oh good lord.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it is just a hormonally generated symptom ( like all pg. symptoms- which are pretty identical to PMS symptoms.)

Going off the pill made me feel pregnant for about a month, though I knew I wasn't.

Being pregnant made me feel like I had just gone off the pill...

The symptoms and physical reactions are interchangeable.

• Indifferent

Seriously?

Did you think it was a metallic taste before or after you went Googling?

If you think you're pregnant, there's a crazy new invention called an EPT.

• Did you just start taking PNV's?  Extra iron will do that too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • auto reply: read taking charge of your fertility, learn how to use fertilityfriend.com, and start charting.
    border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • imageAuntIsha:
    Stop chewing on tinfoil.

::nom nom nom::

• imageJessis62781:

imageAuntIsha:
    Stop chewing on tinfoil.

If it's so shiney, it MUST taste good!

• imageAuntIsha:
    imageJessis62781:

imageAuntIsha:
    Stop chewing on tinfoil.

If it's so shiney, it MUST taste good!

Like tinsel and high gloss paint chips.  Yum.

• No. Not possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • I'm pregnant and I don't have half of the "symptoms" these girls post about. Sheesh!

It's called *wishful thinking*!! You're not pregnant!

• Did you burp alot? If so, yes you're so pg!
  • Wow what a friendly group of women. Thanks for all your sarcastic comments, I'm glad you have extra time in your day to be nasty to a stranger who had a serious question.

In fact, I have educated myself about my body and because of that I knew there was a slim chance I could be pregnant and wanted to see if others have experienced that symptom....I thought that was the purpose of a forum like this....But thanks anyway............

• Wow.  I hope no one else on here ever asked a silly question before...!!!!  You guys are really rude!

Anyway, I had a metallic taste in my mouth now and then when I was pg early on, but I dont think it was as early as you would possibly be.  If you really think you are pg, take a test.  GL!

• imagetwogreenpeas:

Wow what a friendly group of women. Thanks for all your sarcastic comments, I'm glad you have extra time in your day to be nasty to a stranger who had a serious question.

In fact, I have educated myself about my body and because of that I knew there was a slim chance I could be pregnant and wanted to see if others have experienced that symptom....I thought that was the purpose of a forum like this....But thanks anyway............

I think you need to look back at your original question....it didn't make sense.

And if you educated yourself so well, then you should know the answer.

MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Psst, you can get pg w/o charting ladies.

• imagetwogreenpeas:

Wow what a friendly group of women. Thanks for all your sarcastic comments, I'm glad you have extra time in your day to be nasty to a stranger who had a serious question.

Um, no.  If you stopped taking BCPs only 14 days ago, you cannot be pregnant.  Even if you did ovulate rather early in your cycle, like maybe 10 days in, the embryo would not have had the chance to implant yet.  Pregnancy symptoms are caused by the hormone HCG which only begins excreting when the embryo implants in the uterus.  And if you would have educated yourself just a little bit, you would know all of this.  Because I learned it all by using my brain and google one day. 

I really am crossing my fingers that you pull a merm and come back to tell us you are pregnant.  Because using your facts, that would be close to impossible.

• imageLYL:

Psst, you can get pg w/o charting ladies.

GO AWAY

That's true, but apparently you can't talk without making a fool of yourself.?

• imageLYL:

Are you the one that "DTD" or did the "baby dance"? I can't quite recall.

• imageLYL:

Sure you can. You just won't know when you ovulated per se or what exactly is going on with your body as well. Half these chicks never even know if or when they O'd and yet they jump to pregnancy. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLYL:

No shit_sherlock. But if she were charting she would know if she had ovulated and thus if it was even remotely possible to be pg.

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • imagetwogreenpeas:

Oh shit... that was a serious question..... Really

• imageLYL:

No WAY!  Really?????  Wow.  I thought there were thermometers in the middle ages.  THANK GOD you are here to educate us on reproduction.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You ladies are really snarky.  You should take the stick out and maybe get some once and a while.  I am sure it would lighten your mood.
  • imageJessis62781:

imageAuntIsha:
    Stop chewing on tinfoil.

I'm still laughing out loud at this one!!!!!!  ::high fives Jessis::

• A metallic taste is often associated with a specific vitamin deficiency, or an imbalance if you're getting too much of a competing vitamin. ?I can't remember which, but it's pretty common and you should be able to google it. ?Your body is more likely adjusting to a different chemical balance now that you're off BCP and your nutrition needs are different.

See? ?I was nice. ?Even though you made a somewhat ridiculous logic jump.?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imagesungirl5150:
    You ladies are really snarky.? You should take the stick out and maybe get some once and a while.? I am sure it would lighten your mood.

Yes, we're snarky. We like snark. Don't post on here if you don't like it. Oh, and a great deal of us are TTC, which equals a LOT of sex. Sex is not our problem. Our problem is that too many morons are posting stupid questions on this board and then cry when they get told to do research.

• imagesungirl5150:
    You ladies are really snarky.  You should take the stick out and maybe get some once and a while.  I am sure it would lighten your mood.

awesome, a 4 poster. Once again, look at her original question and you will see why.

• you can
    a. get pregnant while on the pill
    b. get pregnant without charting
    c. get pregnant without reading TCOYF

:)  

• imageLYL:

Oh hell.... LYL is back.... Everyone run.... 

• I think this board should be called Bitterness on the Brain. They are all very nasty and rude.

I had signs with my first very, very early. Although it would have been too early by these women's standards, I had them and I knew that I was pregnant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"