C-sections
Options

csection tummy tuck

I am so tickled.  A girlfriend of mine told me my OB would do a little tummy tuck if you asked at the same time as your section (if it's your last).  This is our last unless there's some kind of miracle conception so I asked him about it at my first appointment.  He said, "Sure, I just did one of those last week.  Just keep reminding me."  I'm so excited!!!!

He said my scar will be extra wide as it won't be just big enough for the baby, it'll be much wider to account for removing extra skin folds.  He will take out extra skin and fascia and said my heal time should be right on with my previous sections.  

I guess I'm just so tickled that I wanted to brag on it a tiny bit.  At least I get something for having all sections!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: csection tummy tuck

• Options
    Ooh, that would be amazing! I'm definitely asking about that at my next appointment!
    DD 4 will be a fantastic big sister! EDD - 6/17/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

That's awesome!  Is this a freebie or will you get an unexpected OOP bill for a cosmetic procedure?

edit: sp 

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm surprised your OB will do this. Tummy tucks are not performed during c/s because you are still VERY bloated and your uterus has not shrunk (will take 6 weeks). They are recommended for patients at least 6moths-1year PP.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    imageHarrietNJMommy:

I'm surprised your OB will do this. Tummy tucks are not performed during c/s because you are still VERY bloated and your uterus has not shrunk (will take 6 weeks). They are recommended for patients at least 6moths-1year PP.

I agree with this. Doesnt sound right that they would do a tummy tuck after a c section.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagessemovsk:
    imageHarrietNJMommy:

I agree with this. Doesnt sound right that they would do a tummy tuck after a c section.

just to add to this - is he really qualified to do a tummy tuck? I'd want a board certified plastic surgeon    

• Options
    image5953fpp:
    imagessemovsk:
    imageHarrietNJMommy:

just to add to this - is he really qualified to do a tummy tuck? I'd want a board certified plastic surgeon    

LOL! Yes, then there's that too. I would most definitely want a really good plastic surgeon if I was doing that. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I'm surprised at that. I'm having abdominal repair due to a large incisional hernia at the time of my c-section. But my OB is not performing that part of the surgery, a plastic surgeon is. I'm getting a spinal for the birth and then will be put under general for the abdominal repair. Again, mine isn't considered a "tummy tuck", although a lot of the same things are done to repair the hernia I have. We had to get approval from our insurance company before scheduling this just so we don't end up with a big bill 2 months later.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    Is your OB trained in Plastics?? That would be something to consider. Also, as someone else stated I highly doubt that is covered by insurance since it is cosmetic so if your doc is really going to "attempt" a "tummy tuck" during your child birth I would be prepared for a fatty bill in your mail. I mean dont get me wrong, if it all works out thas awesome,  it dont sign me up for my OB to fix my busted hip please. Lol!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options
    imageHarrietNJMommy:

THIS!!!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options

Please be very cautious in this.........

you are still very swollen and when your swelling goes down a lot of times the extra skin will settle on top of your scar. This will still happen even if skin is removed. Also, an OB shouldn't be performing this kind of surgery. A board certified plastic surgeon should be.

Just be careful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know that some drs will remove just the "pannus" or extra skin that can impede healing and help to infect a c-section scar. They don't do a full tummy tuck persay (although Im sure some offer this.) I have a little extra skin from my first pregnancy 7 years ago (not a c section) and I do have fear that it will make the healing time worse. There is a big difference in just the extra skin (pannus) removal and a full scale tummy tuck, so I guess it depends on what the poster is referring to. Also, any doctor can become a plastic surgeon with minimal training. I would say for a full fledge tummy tuck I would look into a board certified plastic surgeon, but just to remove the extra skin that overhangs (which I know occurs when my stomach is flat) would be more then fine with me, personally. But for the first time mom or mom that doesnt have the extra skin beforehand (or know that they do yet) it would be impossible to know how much extra skin, if any, you would have until the swelling went down and you were close to your ideal weight..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"