3rd Trimester

Shamrock Shake

I've been told to stay away from soft serve ice cream during my pregnancy, but all I can think about this morning is sipping on a Shamrock Shake from McDonalds! Safe? Unsafe? I'm in my 38th week. Do I have to forget about the shake for now and wait for next year??
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shamrock Shake

• Drink one.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do it. If you avoided EVERYTHING that might be a risk for listeria, you'd starve. Go first thing in the morning when the machines are cleanest if it makes you feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes, I'm going to go for it! Thanks Ladies!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never heard anything about avoiding soft-serve ice cream. Hmm. I'm avoiding one because I have GD, but I'm hoping DS makes his apperance before the weekend so I can enjoy 1 this year.  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i craved one of these for a week straight. then our President wore a mint green shirt to work one day and i *** you not, it literally made me drool. I could not get to Micky D's fast enough. and Normally i HATE mint anything but damn was it good!!!!!!
  • I hadn't heard anything about soft serve ice cream. I have had 3 shamrock shakes and I get soft serve at work at least twice a week! Definitely not avoiding that one ;)
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Soft serve ice cream doesn't concern me. The other crap they put in their shakes is debatable, but just healthwise, not because you're pregnant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have one...

The amount of things pregnant women are told to stay away from is ridiculous. (Obviously not all things, but majority of them) Pretty soon they'll be expecting us to walk around in bubbles. Enjoy your shake!

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• If I wasn't borderline GD, I would be having one everyday. I've been craving that minty green concoction since it came out earlier this month. Have one for me Big Smile
    Our family is growing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa>
  • I have definitely had my share of DQ this pregnancy. Lol. Glad you had one!!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I totally just had one with my 3 year old son after seeing this post this morning..i couldnt stop thinking about how good they are! Yum! Temptation is so hard!
  • Huh. I've never heard to stay away from soft serve. I had a Shamrock Shake last week and it was delicious! Go for it!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I've heard of avoiding soft serve, and I started to with DS, but then actually researched how small the risk is. You should definitely go for it. McDonald's in March is my favorite time, simply because of the Shamrock shake. But unfortunately we are in the UK, and McDonald's is scarce here. And I doubt they have the Shamrock shake anyway. Have one for me! Oh, I am sooo jealous! I wish I was back in the states.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • Do it.

I love Shamrock shakes.  I've already had one. :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"