Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How do you cook LO zucchini and/or yellow squash?? -Help!

I picked these up at the grocery store thinking I would try it with my 11mth old but I have NO idea how to cook these...

Note: I dont have a steamer...maybe I should get one....

Please Help lol!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you cook LO zucchini and/or yellow squash?? -Help!

• Options
    at first I steamed it, and pureed it, now I just steam it and let it cool, and let him munch on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I bake squash - cut it in half and put in the oven until tender - about 1 hr depending on size.  You don't need a steamer either, you can use a pot of boiling water, put a metal colander on top and a lid.  Works just as well.  :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a steamer a few months ago because it makes it super easy to make any vegetable in 10min or less
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• Options
    Get a steamer. It will become your best friend.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    telyntelyn member

You can microwave steam. Wash the squash. Cut into baby-fist slices. Place in a microwave safe bowl or plate (1 layer, don't stack them on top of each other). Sprinkle bout 2 tablespoons of water over the slices. Loosely cover with microwave safe plastic wrap (leave 1 corner open) or a microwave safe tope (I sometimes just put 1 plate over it with a space for venting.

Cook on either veggie setting or on high for 3 minutes. Flip slices over, add more water if necessary. Cook another 2-5 minutes, until soft.

Let cool. 

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    we cut in half, clean out seeds and put in a large glass dish with a little water to cover the bottom and bake until the skin starts to blister and brown ... our LO loves roasted squash and pumpkin
  • Options
    I sauteed it with a little olive oil and he loved it.  I do the same thing with onions, bell pepper and asparagus. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We bake it or sautee in a little butter. Sometimes we shred zucchini and add it to scrambled eggs.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you everyone! I ended up chopping it in small pieces, coating in olive oil and baking for 15 mins on 400. And she LOVED it!!!! I do think I will get a steamer though, seems like veggies are much easier and faster to do that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"