2nd Trimester

2nd baby Movement?

I'm pregnant with my 2nd and I hear that mothers feel movement sooner than with the first. How soon did you feel your baby move? I felt first at 15 weeks and I'm 14 weeks now.

Re: 2nd baby Movement?

• For this baby, I felt the first flutters at 16 weeks, but nothing significant until 19 weeks exactly. 

For my first pregnancy, I remember feeling the first flutters at 15 weeks and I think the first strong movements I felt were at around the same time--19 or 20 weeks. 

So for me there was really not much of a difference! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • With DD I THOUGHT I felt movement around 16 or so weeks. Then I continued to feel that same movement well after she was born. Clearly, my over excited FTpregnant self noticed something that had always been there, but I just hadn't been bothered with taking notice of it.

I think I was well into 20 weeks before I noticed what was undoubtably DD.

So far this time? Nothing.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • you werent feeling a first baby at 15 weeks and youre not feeling a baby this early the 2nd time around.

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Talked to Dr last go round at 15 weeks about the "popcorn" in my belly I felt a lot and she said that was the baby, so yes, I felt it early. Baby actually kicked so hard at week 17 weeks hubby felt it. Granted, that didn't happen a lot that early. It's possible. This time, nothing yet.
  • I should have clarified that I don't feel anything at 14 weeks and I was told I'd feel it earlier than last time.
  • I'm 14 weeks 2 and for 4 days I have felt definite bumps, nudges kicks.

I have always felt them early with my other two LOs too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I felt my little one move super early at only 11 weeks. I was really shocked. My doctor confirmed that is was our DD. With our DS I didn't feel anything until about 16 weeks. She is super active though. When we go in for a heartbeat check my dr has to chase her. Smile Thankfully he finds it as funny as I do.
  • Every pregnancy is different, so I wouldn't automatically expect to feel it sooner. 15 weeks is way early to feel movement IMO, so I wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't felt it yet at 14. I felt it around 18-19 weeks with DD#1 and felt my first slight flutters around 16-17 weeks with #2. It was still not until around 19-20 weeks that I felt anything consistent with #2.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I'm pretty sure I felt DD about 17 weeks and DH felt her a few weeks later, but this time I have an anterior placenta so I didn't feel him give a real good kick until about 21 weeks and my hubby felt him at about 24 weeks. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imageSp8theGame:
    I'm pregnant with my 2nd and I hear that mothers feel movement sooner than with the first. How soon did you feel your baby move? I felt first at 15 weeks and I'm 14 weeks now.

my first at 18 weeks my 2nd at 15 weeks and this one i have felt very early which is called quickening but felt this one at 10 weeks its not a constant movement i feel it once in a blue moon kinda thing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"