December 2010 Moms
Options

Work- mixed emotions

Some of you might remember I lost my job at 35 weeks pregnant with Anderson.  Well when he was 8 days old I went on an interview, did a 2nd interview at 10 days old and accepted the position at 2 weeks old.  I will start my new job when he is 3.5 weeks old and it's killing me. I have a streak of getting the first job I interview for every time and my record still holds so that makes me feel good at least.

I'm super excited because it's a good job and a lot more money than I was making before but leaving my newborn is so painful.  Jeffrey, and now Anderson too, only have to go to daycare on Friday's but of course Anderson isn't old enough so my new employer is going to let me stay home with him the 3 Friday's until he's old enough for daycare. 

I'm excited and depressed at the same time...  No real point to this post other than to get it off my chest.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Work- mixed emotions

• Options

I am still in chock over the American maternity system! You are saying that the government is LETTING you go back to your job while the baby is still 3,5 weeks? By law moms have to stay home at least 6 weeks post-birth.

Who is going to watch LO#2 while you are working? :)

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    That sounds tough! Lots of hugs for a smooth transition for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemommyfied:

I am still in chock over the American maternity system! You are saying that the government is LETTING you go back to your job while the baby is still 3,5 weeks? By law moms have to stay home at least 6 weeks post-birth.

Who is going to watch LO#2 while you are working? :)

Unfortunately, unemployment is dragging their feet paying me because I had a baby so I had to hurry and find a job so we can have my part of the income again. My kids will be watched by my in-laws and my husband except for Friday's they go to daycare.  Daycare won't take the baby until he is 6 weeks old so I will not work the first 3 friday's at my new job.

• Options

Wow, that is tough!

I'm actually surprised they are letting you work before six weeks!  I work in a school, and they will not let you come back before six weeks and after that you have to have a written doctors note.  One girl had a c-section, and wanted to come back at seven weeks because of some holiday pay thing, and they wouldn't let her stating she was a liability.

• Options
    That is really tough timing. Glad you found a job that sounds like a good fit, sorry you have to go back so soon though. 
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    imagestar1123:

Wow, that is tough!

I'm actually surprised they are letting you work before six weeks!  I work in a school, and they will not let you come back before six weeks and after that you have to have a written doctors note.  One girl had a c-section, and wanted to come back at seven weeks because of some holiday pay thing, and they wouldn't let her stating she was a liability.

One of our teachers who had a baby last year came back at 3 weeks!  Damn her setting unrealistic expectations! :D  After that our principal is all about us all being so perky and recovered so soon!  She was not thrilled I took the rest of the school year off. :)  OP:  I'm sure you'll be fine!  Like I said, my coworker was perky and happy and seemed fine physcially too.  I feel okay at 3 weeks pp myself, although a little sore with all the stitches still.  Take it easy your first few weeks back!  I'm sure you'll miss your buddy, but at least he gets to stay with family.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh I am so sorry. I know you are doing what is best for your family, but I know that does not make it any easier on your body and you emotions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hugs. I'm sorry you are going to have to go back so early.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"