Food Allergy
Options

Flavoring Elecare?

My little guy is trying an elimination diet and is on unflavored elecare Jr. I know they make a vanilla but I was given these and need to make them work for now.

Recipes to flavor it so it isn't so bad? I am giving him it in a bottle and I currently have to thicken everything with baby cereal.

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Flavoring Elecare?

• Options

I replied to another previous post that my doc told me I can put a little bit of Hershey's chocolate syrup in the samples of Elecare or Neocate that I was given. I have not tried it yet since I haven't had to give DS the formula yet. I am hoping I won't really have to but doubt it since he is EBF...

• Options

Does he tolerate it plain? My son is on Neocate and I tried to change it a little bc it is GROSS! But, he seems to like it plain unflavored so, I leave it. I figured as long as he likes it, its ok.

But, I have tried, Hershey chocolate syrup, Hershey strawberry syrup, a mint chocolate syrup from Whole Foods and even a little juice or Neocate make flavoring packets too. My son preferred the plain unfavored.  Go figure! LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot, if you call Neocate and ask for a sample of the flavoring packet they will send it.
  • Options
    we tried mixing Ryry's with flavored pedyalite but he still refused it...the vanilla is the only thing that he will take:(  good luck!

Court
    DH 40  ME 40
    GD, Myasthenia Gravis, Factor V Leiden

DS #1 born via emergancy c-section 01/23/06 at 37w

DS#2 born via c-section 10/27/2007 at 36w due to PROM

DS #3 born via repeat c-section 04/13/2012 at 39w

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away." - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"