September 2012 Moms

HE washers and waterproof mattress pad

Just bought a new Samsung washer and when I opened the lid, I saw a sticker that said you can't wash anything waterproof ? If this is truly the case, which I believe it is with most HE washers, I don't think I can keep it for obvious reasons.

Has anyone washed their LO's mattress pads in one of these with success ? I can't imagine it not being ok, because how could anyone with children function with these washers ?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: HE washers and waterproof mattress pad

• I should add it's top load, not front load.

• imagethe mathlete:
    Whaaaaaat! I didn't notice anything like that, but I have a front loader. I have had no issues washing waterproof things.

Same here. TBH though I never read the directions for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have a GE top loader, HE washer and its doesnt say that...or i have never noticed. I have washed D's mattress pads and waterproof changing table pads in it with no issue.
  • I'm glad you said that, because it was a big WTF moment for me. TBH, I was gonna do it anyway and keep my fingers crossed lol

• We've washed the waterproof pads a bunch of times in our front load one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our samsung has that sticker... I ignored.

1ht

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • I have a really old top loader and my waterproof stuff always gets ruined eventually even if I was as directed and dry on the lowest setting.

I had the ultimate crib sheet replaced once already (for free, they are supposed to last a year) and the second one already has tiny slits in the bottom (only ~2 months old, which defeats the purpose). I haven't called customer service yet but it is annoying.

I also ruined many of those pad covers with the plastic back that you put on the changing pad. They just don't last long at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"