VBAC

VBAC providers in Charlotte-long shot

I am currently almost 24 weeks pg and will be moving in 4-6 weeks to the Charlotte area from Orlando.  I am having a very hard time finding any info on VBAC friendly providers in the Charlotte area.  I contacted the Charlotte ICAN group twice now and haven't heard anything back.  My Orlando ICAN group is super active, so the lack of response has me concerned.  Does anyone know of any providers? TIA.

Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VBAC providers in Charlotte-long shot

• Is there a yahoo group to which you posted? Have you tried searching old threads? My ICAN group has a yahoo group which is why I ask, not sure how others communicate. You might also check if there is a local facebook group, I have seen a couple pretty active ones that aren't geographically based. Search ICAN on facebook - there is a big national group, but active, and there is another non ICAN VBAC facebook group that is also pretty active.

The other place you could check is mothering.com on the local board for that state. I've read a lot of VBAC stuff over the years there. 

Then there's the good old websearch for "VBAC charlotte" or even doing the google blogsearch (www.blogsearch.google.com) for the same thing. There has to be something out there!

• I actually just posted the question for you in the two nationwide groups I'm in on facebook...I'll post back if there are any responses (or you can find the groups and follow the post).
  • Loading the player...
  • I found this, you'll probably know better if it's NC. One of the hospitals mentioned seems to do VBACs. Post is from 2011.

https://www.thecharlottemoms.com/charlotte-birth-options-top-5-natural-friendly-hospitals/

This site, though not updated for a year, might have some resources:

https://blog.doulasofthecharlottearea.com/2011/03/can-hospitals-ban-vbacs.html

• "If you're referring to Charlotte, North Carolina I just had a VBA2C yesterday with the OB & CNMs at Natural Beginnings Birth Center, if she's a VBAC after 1 c-section she has the choice of a birth center OR hospital birth with them. Davis Regional Hospital is the one they use for VBACs. I'd be happy to have your friend contact me if she'd like. I had a fabulous hospital experience (which is saying a lot, I practically hyperventilate when I even drive by a hospital)"
  • I actually found those sites that you had posted, but I haven't found specific providers.  I am trying to navigate the insurance with the birth centers.  Thank you though!  I have tried to join the yahoo group but it appears it is about as useful as the Charlotte ICAN email address.  :-/  Just kind of bummed b/c my current local chapter is so awesome and responsive.
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go to Huntersville OB and they have recommended me for a VBAC all along this pregnancy.  Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"