May 2013 Moms

Anyone else working today?

I've got to go water the plants so they don't die, but then I intend to spend a good portion of the day Bumping.  I hope some of you will be around to keep me entertained!  I dislike being on duty on the weekends!

Re: Anyone else working today?

• I'm working til 12! Where do you work? 

• imageKateRN08:

Nope, I had a super long hard shift yesterday and was up most of the night from leg cramps and then I balled my eyes out like a hormonal mess at 2am. So I'm very thankful I am off today.

Hope your day goes by quick! 

Aw that sucks!!! I'm so sorry! I need to find a new way to deal with leg cramps because I used to take a warm bath to deal with them but then we moved and I don't like our new tub so I refuse to bath in it lol.  

• Loading the player...
  • image1and1is3:
    imageKateRN08:

Nope, I had a super long hard shift yesterday and was up most of the night from leg cramps and then I balled my eyes out like a hormonal mess at 2am. So I'm very thankful I am off today.

Aw that sucks!!! I'm so sorry! I need to find a new way to deal with leg cramps because I used to take a warm bath to deal with them but then we moved and I don't like our new tub so I refuse to bath in it lol.  

No work for me today either. Sorry botanical. 

I'm curious if the leg cramps are like Charlie horses that wake you all up in the middle of the night? I had three that caused me excruciating pain last night. Wasn't sure if this was normal.  

• My leg cramps and pains are sometimes like Charlie horses and sometimes not. Last night I woke up in horrible pain so I wrapped a.heating blanket around my leg several times and went back to bed. It actually worked! I'm hoping this continues to work because our bathroom with a tub is under construction.
  • imagelindsay.n.harman:
    image1and1is3:
    imageKateRN08:

No work for me today either. Sorry botanical. 

I'm curious if the leg cramps are like Charlie horses that wake you all up in the middle of the night? I had three that caused me excruciating pain last night. Wasn't sure if this was normal.  

Mine are like Charlie horses. I usually get them in the morning or afternoon though. I haven't had any in the middle of the night yet. My prenatal workout video says that stretching everyday will help that, (You have to do a modified stretch though) but to be honest I found a warm bath to me more effective. 

• imageTrish625:
    My leg cramps and pains are sometimes like Charlie horses and sometimes not. Last night I woke up in horrible pain so I wrapped a.heating blanket around my leg several times and went back to bed. It actually worked! I'm hoping this continues to work because our bathroom with a tub is under construction.

A heating pad is a brilliant idea! I am going to try that thanks :D 

•  

This is pretty much how I look when I get a leg cramp....  

Grr gif wont work :( sry ladies

• image1and1is3:

I'm working til 12! Where do you work? 

A botanical garden :)  I'm on duty for keeping plants alive this weekend. 

• imageKateRN08:

Oh man, the leg cramps suck!  I get them in the middle of the night when I stretch out my legs.  I try to eat a banana at least once a day for the potassium, and I have found that stretching my legs out for 10 minutes or so each day helps. 

• imagebotanicalbliss:
    image1and1is3:

Wow that sounds like a cool job!

• image1and1is3:
    imagebotanicalbliss:
    image1and1is3:

Wow that sounds like a cool job!

Yeah, it's pretty cool for the most part!  It gets a little old in August when it's been 90 for over a month and you're just sitting in the sun weeding.  But this time of year through June is always fun and super busy :) 

• I'm working! I'm actually getting ready to catch the bus to campus right now to (hopefully) talk to my advisor, and then out into the field I go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemommacakes4u:
    I work 12 hours every Saturday and 16 hours every Sunday. It's getting really old though after 7 months.

Oh good lord!  I don't know how you do it! 

• No work for me today and I called out yesterday because of the snow. I am on call 24/7 with my job, I got about 15 calls yesterday so i am hopeful no more calls for the rest of the weekend. I love 3 day weekends! :)

Leg cramps in the middle of the night really suck!  

Botanical- I LOVE going to the botanical gardens in the Bronx. I can't wait to take LO this summer. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm at urgent care because I think I might have gotten strep from DD! So I'm pretty bored too.
  • imageBekW2009:
    I'm at urgent care because I think I might have gotten strep from DD! So I'm pretty bored too.

Bleh. 

• imageBekW2009:
    I'm at urgent care because I think I might have gotten strep from DD! So I'm pretty bored too.

Eek! Hopefully it's not strep and that whatever it is goes away quickly! 

• I say someone who can actually post gifs should post some amusing gifs for our entertainment...

• image1and1is3:

I say someone who can actually post gifs should post some amusing gifs for our entertainment...

Here you go!

Cake Mauler

That looks like funfetti to me... My cat would be going straight to the shelter!  No one messes with the funfetti! 

• imagebotanicalbliss:
    image1and1is3:

I say someone who can actually post gifs should post some amusing gifs for our entertainment...

Here you go!

Cake Mauler

That looks like funfetti to me... My cat would be going straight to the shelter!  No one messes with the funfetti! 

Ooh that looks yummy! That cat is really enjoying himself!

• imagemommacakes4u:
    imagebotanicalbliss:

imagemommacakes4u:
    I work 12 hours every Saturday and 16 hours every Sunday. It's getting really old though after 7 months.

Oh good lord!  I don't know how you do it! 

Its rough I work two 12 hour shifts and a 16 hour shift. I work the 2 days my DH is off and my parents keep my girls Friday night and all day Saturday. It's the best option for us to avoid paying for daycare. It actually works out pretty good one if us is always during the week for dropping off/picking up at school, field trips, class parties all that stuff. Plus saves a bunch of money. It just sucks working those long hours especially now that I'm pregnant, but its a sacrifice I think is worth it.

That stinks that you have to work long shifts but pretty awesome not to have to pay for childcare!  

• image1and1is3:

imageTrish625:
    My leg cramps and pains are sometimes like Charlie horses and sometimes not. Last night I woke up in horrible pain so I wrapped a.heating blanket around my leg several times and went back to bed. It actually worked! I'm hoping this continues to work because our bathroom with a tub is under construction.

A heating pad is a brilliant idea! I am going to try that thanks :D 

Walgreens has extra large ones that are heaven! It would probably fit from my ankle to knee no problem. I use it for my back a lot. Also, try getting more potassium in your diet. I've started eating a banana a day, and No more leg cramps!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm working today with nothing to do! I recently got switched to a new store and still don't have codes to do anything. So I just sit and watch the other guys do work! Our laptops don't even have good internet, so I bump from my phone all day.

• imageHimandMeplus3:
    I'm working today with nothing to do! I recently got switched to a new store and still don't have codes to do anything. So I just sit and watch the other guys do work! Our laptops don't even have good internet, so I bump from my phone all day.

Ugh booooooooring!  

p.s. your doggies are cute! 

• imagebotanicalbliss:

imageHimandMeplus3:
    I'm working today with nothing to do! I recently got switched to a new store and still don't have codes to do anything. So I just sit and watch the other guys do work! Our laptops don't even have good internet, so I bump from my phone all day.

Ugh booooooooring!  

p.s. your doggies are cute! 

Yea, it was OK for a couple days, but I'm on day 9 now without access to the programs I need. I can only do so much browsing on my phone! Lol

And thank you! They're little spoiled brats who we love to pieces! They're home w daddy today enjoying the sunshine.

• Working 11-8 =(

Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"