March 2013 Moms

Argh!

I work for a company that has about 300 employees onsite.  Being that I'm in HR I know pretty much everyone.  I know everyone means well but if one more person asks me when I'm due I might just spork them in the eye!  And for those that ask me that question every other day...2 sporked eyes!

Re: Argh!

• I hear that!!! Everyday I walk into work I'm greeted with "You're STILL here??"
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get how are you feeling all the time. And every time I'm in the kitchen at work someone says "you're getting close". Yes, I am, because California only gives you 55% of your pay on paid family leave or disability, so I need to work up to 39 weeks which is next Friday; Counting down the days...

BabyFruit Ticker

Favorite Teen Crush: Zach Morris

My special Little Lady
  • Loading the player...
  • Spork - love it! 

Yesterday was the day of "Oh my god, you're still here?!?" comments.  From everybody.  I haven't had too many problems with the "you're so big" and "shouldn't you have given birth by now?" comments until yesterday, but when it rains it pours...

Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHeissenbuttel04:
    I hear that!!! Everyday I walk into work I'm greeted with "You're STILL here??"

THIS!  And everyone has an opinion on when I'm going to go into labor.

• They do mean well, but yes!

I'm the receptionist, so every visitor, the UPS man, the Fed Ex man, every employee that uses the front entrance has something to say. 37 weeks and 3 days, I'm not that big, but I am insanely uncomfortable and have been the entire 3rd trimester. So the constant, "when are you due?" "when are you starting your leave?" "are you ready?'

I've already told you when I'm due, I'm starting leave when I go into labor because we have a terrible maternity leave system and I can't afford to not wait that long, and YES!!! Yes!! I've been ready for him to get out about as long as he's been in there, I'm a terrible pregnant woman.

• So sick of dumb questions! 

"Do you think it'll be tomorrow?!'

"What day do you think she will come?"

"You should have her on my birthday!"

"Do you think you'll have a long labor?"

....kill me. 

• I have plenty of sporks to go around!  Big Smile
  • I totally feel you. My FIL called two nights ago and I answered the phone. He said "Are you STILL pregnant?" I was so PO'ed. I wanted to say "No, we had the baby and decided to keep it to ourselves." Jerk! Then again, he's not that involved in his son's life and asked us like over a month ago if we were overdue.

I also got asked by a strange man on the train last week if I was having twins! Jerk.

I would think that women would be more sympathetic, but the comments of "Are you tired of being pregnant yet?" are equally annoying.

Due date is tomorrow, have the dr. appt. yesterday, only 3 cm and somewhat effaced. If nothing happens over the weekend, we have an induction scheduled for Monday morning. Good luck to all you ladies over the weekend! 

• imageCrequito:

imageHeissenbuttel04:
    I hear that!!! Everyday I walk into work I'm greeted with "You're STILL here??"

THIS!  And everyone has an opinion on when I'm going to go into labor.

This. Until yesterday, I decided I can't take work anymore and threw in the towel!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"