August 2013 Moms

Food you can't stand

I have noticed with both of my pregnancies unlike a lot of ladies I can't stand pickles I loved them before I was pregnant but now I just ugh not working for me well at least with my first I haven't tried to eat one this time. What foods are you not able to stand but you use to love????
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Food you can't stand

• Every now and then the chicken really bothers me. If it's just baked, the smell makes me so nauseous. During my 1st tri, it got so bad when we were making it for dinner I had to sit in a closed off room with a candle under my nose. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Mexican and many vegetables. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Ground turkey... which makes DH sad since we would make dinner using it quite a bit, and had a few go-to dinners for nights when we didn't know what we wanted to cook.
  • Last time it was bacon and grapefruit. I haven't come across something yet that I wouldn't eat during this pregnancy. I suppose some veggies taste funky but I've muddled through.
    imageimage
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby HATES soda and anything fried. Also meat in general. Baby loves Graham crackers and jelly beans.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Rice! Its the strangest thing. There isn't even a flavor there but I get sick every time I eat it! And I used to love it especially Mexican rice!
  • Any type of creamy soups.... I cant stand to even think about them, its honestly making me sick as I type this. 

I had a hard time with chicken during the first tri, but lately all I want is chicken..

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Deli turkey.  I used to eat a turkey sandwich almost every day for lunch and now turkey is repulsive to me.  I also went through a phase where the very thought of carrots made me gag but I'm over that now.  Very strange.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Broccoli. I mean I was never a huge fan to begin with, but now if I eat it, my stomach hurts so badly. It's a shame since it's one of the very few veggies DH will eat. I'm starting to go off coffee too (I've been drinking decaf).

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Soda. When I'm not pregnant I have a total Coke Zero addiction. I drink way too much of it. That was the first thing that turned my stomach with this pregnancy, and even now I can drink it. I also can't eat the new Domino's hand tossed pan pizza. I loved it before I was pregnant but it makes me ill even thinking about it now.

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• Bananas.  They used to be my favorite fruit.  However, I no longer can even make it through one without getting sick immediately :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have the strongest aversion to chicken!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any type of pepper, even mild ones! I can't even be near them. I swear the heat factor in spicy foods has multiplied by ten this time!
  • Anything teriyaki. :( We have an awesome, super fresh, beautiful, immaculate teriyaki place we both used to love around the corner. Now just thinking about the smell of the sauce makes me want to retch. :( So sad.

• Peanut butter...blech. I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches ALL the time before getting pg, and now I can't even stand the smell of it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Chicken. I used to put grilled chicken on all my salads and now I can't even look at/  smell / think of it. Glad to see I'm not the only one. 
  • I LOVE sauteed spinach, but right now it makes me gag. It makes me so sad because it is so good for you, and I cannot stand it. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Mountain Dew
    Ground beef
    Chicken
    Chinese
    Mexican
    Chocolate, unless its chocolate milk
    Chili
    Bacon
    Bananas
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CHICKEN!!!

This week I was able to eat it for the first time since November without getting ill and I actually wanted it!

Asian food, sea food, and steak are still difficult. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used to eat really healthy veggie scrambles every morning.  Now I hate eggs and most veggies.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Eggs and chicken.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Corn dogs. Unfortunately I had the biggest cravings for corn dogs and they made me vomit every time :
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Another one for chicken. Particularly chicken breasts. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sweet potato. I read all about how they were so good for you during pregnancy, so around week 6 or so I went out and bought some, made them as a side with dinner one night, and I thought they were disgusting. Now everytime I see or hear about them I want to gag. I'm even a little freaked out that the bump is comparing my baby to a sweet potato this week.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Ugh eggs sound disgusting as does baked chicken. Love veggies, Mike and Ike's, Mexican and really spicy stuff. It's funny because DH is Mexican...baby is totally taking after their father :D
  • Eggs!!! Barf!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"