January 2013 Moms

**Operation: Bounce Back (weight loss/exercise check in)**

Hi ladies!  I was planning to post our first check in last Friday, but things got crazy and I forgot.  Oops!  Embarrassed  So thought we could kick it off today!

If you are interested in participating in supporting one another through our efforts to "bounce back" from pregnancy share as much as you want to from the following:

Start weight:

Current weight:

Goal weight:

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc.

How did this week go overall?

One thing you did really well:

One thing you really need to work on: 

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal?

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip!  There's no real topic this week so it could be anything, favorite healthy recipe, best low-cal drink, brush your teeth when you're craving candy, tighten your abs at stop lights, whatever!  :)

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
*My Blog*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
10/50 Read

my read shelf:
Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: **Operation: Bounce Back (weight loss/exercise check in)**

• I guess I'll start it out by sharing that I was planning to start down the weight loss road this week by returning to calorie counting, but we're currently in the throes of potty training hell.  Seriously, I advise letting your child wear diapers until he gets tired of changing them himself Wink  And I needed to seriously be able to stress eat and consume alcohol when necessary. 

So... outside of any stress eating (there were homemade cookies consumed as well as beer!) I was pretty contentious about what I was eating for meals and keeping portions in check in honor of getting back into the swing of things.  I WILL be counting calories again starting this weekend!  

My healthy tip: Drink water.  Lots and lots of water.  And when you feel like you've had enough and don't want anymore... drink some more!  Water is key to flushing out your system and helping with weight loss.  Always keep a cup/bottle of water nearby.  I have a couple tumblers like this:

And I always keep it filled and right on hand.  I keep it sitting next to me, take it in the car, etc. and it really makes it easy to get in as much water as possible.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I like the idea of a weekly check in. Very cool!

Start weight: 178 @ 6w pp

Current weight: 170 @ 8w pp

Goal weight: 162 is my pre-pregnancy weight but my true goal weight is 140, which is what I weighed when I got married in 2009. I know it will take a little while to get there.

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc. Increased protein and fiber, eliminate refined and processed carbs and sugar, increase vegetable intake, limit to 2 servings of fruit.

How did this week go overall? lost 4 pounds!

One thing you did really well: Went out to an Italian restaurant and ordered grilled salmon instead of pizza.

One thing you really need to work on: Eating meals on time rather than getting really hungry, but LO has a lot to do with this!

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? Right now we're still just walking to the park and back with the snap-n-go stroller when weather permits. It's a 2.3 mile loop. The windy North Texas weather can get in the way sometimes.

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip!   A very healthy, filling snack or part of breakfast is plain, non-fat Greek yogurt with vanilla extract and Truvia sweetener or sweetener of choice with toasted sliced almonds on top and a small amount of berries such as blackberries or strawberries.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedlbrous:

One thing you did really well: Went out to an Italian restaurant and ordered grilled salmon instead of pizza.

GOOD FOR YOU! 

I've always found eating out to be the hardest to stay on track!  I can do really well at home, but as soon as I get all those choices and the huge portions and it's not like I get to eat out often so I want to "make it count" I get pushed off track.  Definitely a weak spot for me!

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • imagesbevmc09:

My healthy tip: Drink water.  Lots and lots of water.  And when you feel like you've had enough and don't want anymore... drink some more!  Water is key to flushing out your system and helping with weight loss.  Always keep a cup/bottle of water nearby.  I have a couple tumblers like this:

And I always keep it filled and right on hand.  I keep it sitting next to me, take it in the car, etc. and it really makes it easy to get in as much water as possible.

I will echo this! I have two of these cups and keep them at different points around the house.

I will piggy-back on this. I am a sucker for getting drinks when we're out running errands. Dr Pepper and starbucks are my weaknesses, and drive-throughs are just too easy. BUT, the tumbler you pictured above does not easily throw into a diaper bag. I was so excited to find a reusable water bottle that screws off in the middle so you can clean it out. Eco-friendly, and easy to throw in my bag! I'm hoping this really helps ward off my drive-through cravings. :) 

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• I gained 40 and lost 20+ in the first 2 weeks, then got stuck. I joined WW (again) and have lost an additional 9, and have 9 to go to get to pp weight. Not sure if I will stop there or try to get to my pre-marriage weight which would be an additional 5.

I worked out one day and then threw out my back last week...so no exercise for me until cleared by the dr since I was completely incapacitated. I just started lifting DS yesterday.

My tip (or what works for me) is if I'm hungry in the morning is to have a WW "free" food...like a piece of fruit and eat something else a couple hours later like yogurt or a protein bar...and then eat lunch a couple hours later. I try to take advantage of the free foods as much as possible. I also allow myself one cheat day where I can go out to eat or something and not worry about counting points that day.  It keeps me motivated to stick to my points during the week.

What I need to do better? Once cleared, I need to get back to working out.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Start weight: 160 (delivery weight)

Current weight: 135

Goal weight: 130 (pp weight)

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc: BF, and exercise when I can. I don't do much in the way of calorie counting since I'm EPing for two (pumping my current output of 55oz a day burns 1100 cals in and of itself), but trying to stuff my face with healthier choices. :)

How did this week go overall? Pretty well! I got in 3 hour-long workouts, which was great. The challenge during the week is that I need to get it in around 4:15 or 4:30 AM -- during the weekend, I can usually get it in during the day while DH watches the ladies. I'm still not overly motivated to sacrifice the sleep for exercise just yet.

One thing you did really well: Getting in workouts -- for the first time since I was pulled off exercise during my pregnancy!

One thing you really need to work on: Making better quick food choices. It's tough, since salads aren't entirely compatible with infant twins when I'm the only one around. So...it usually needs to be fast, edible with one hand and/or edible over a baby. Lol. 

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? Elliptical, stairmaster, stationary bike and some light weights. Woot!

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Start weight: 170 (the day I delivered)

Current weight: 149

Goal weight: 140 (pre-pregnancy weight)

I have not started eating well or exercising yet. Today is my 6w PP appointment, so I figured this is a great time to start both. I love that you are doing the weekly check-in, I think it will keep me honest. 

One thing you really need to work on: 

I had GD while I was pregnant, so I gave myself these last 6 weeks to eat 5 cookies in a sitting and have ice cream whenever I wanted. But, now I need to get back to normal eating habits, and maybe even healthier ones!

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal?

I have a pilates DVD that I occasionally used PP, that I think will be perfect. I can do the 30 min workout everyday while LO naps. It should really help tone my belly, hopefully.

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip!

I love this tip of brushing your teeth when you have a craving. I will definitely be using it! I don't have any good tips to share, but look forward to hearing other good ones. :)

• Start weight 236pp 264 delivery day
    Current weight 224
    Goal weight 150
    What is your current plan of attack? Right now, just EBF and thinking before I eat...like do I really want 5 cookies, or is 1 enough? Lol
    How did this week go overall? Overall poorly. Though we were out of town for most of it so lots of eating out and stress eating as LO was completely thrown off his usual schedule.
    One thing you did really well... healthy snacks like celery and baby carrots with hummus
    One thing you really need to work on... My current pizza addiction!
    For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? Tons of walking and dancing a very grumpy LO around...that counts right? Lol
    Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip! I am seriously addicted to juice, so I have started watering it down about 50/50 so I get the flavor but half the calories.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Start weight: 144 day before delivery

Current weight: 132 6 weeks pp

Goal weight: 120

What is your current plan of attack? I plan on counting calories not being too strict though since I EBF, making sure to exercise at least 4 days a week, and making sure I am eating only complex carbs whole grains, eycand laying off the simple ones refined sugars, flours, pastas.

How did this week go overall?
    As a pp stated, I too am in the middle of the nightmare that is potty training so I have not done well this week but next week is my last week of maternity leave so I will be doing a "practice" week for our schedule once I go back to work and will be "packing" my lunch and snacks in the morning so I'm sure I will do better then!

One thing you did really well: I did refrain from having ice cream every. Single. Night. Haha

One thing you really need to work on: realizing that I need to eat for nutrition and my baby's! not just for pleasure!

Bonus question: My favorite health tip is drink water, water, water. And to loosely follow a diabetic diet a protein and fiber rich diet, with plenty of veggies, some fruits, carefully calculated and times carbs/grains and very low in refined/processed foods.

Pregnancy Ticker

•  

Start weight: 212 at delivery :( I retained a TON of water

Current weight: 175

Goal weight: 140

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc. Calorie counting and exercising 4-5 days a week.

How did this week go overall? I just got the approval to workout again on Wednesday. I went on a long fast paced walk yesterday and plan on two today. It is finally 40 degrees here so out we go!

One thing you did really well: Being careful with my snacks. I only had fruits and veggies!

One thing you really need to work on: Dessert after dinner! I have such a sweet tooth!

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? I went on fast paced walks. I plan to do this on the days DH gets home too late for me to go to the gym.

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip!  There's no real topic this week so it could be anything, favorite healthy recipe, best low-cal drink, brush your teeth when you're craving candy, tighten your abs at stop lights, whatever!  :) I have discovered these amazing Cheetos puffs for when I want chips. The serving size is 67 puffs for only 140 calories! They are all natural and baked!

• Start weight: Well, I was about 155-160 when I delivered (I honestly don't know because I didn't weigh myself the week before and I think the hospital weight which was 160 was overinflated due to clothing, etc. Regardless, I was 115 pp so it was about 40-45 lbs of weight gain! Ack!)

Current weight: 133

Goal weight: 115

What is your current plan of attack? Just trying to eat less junk. I KNOW how to eat well and often have used sparkpeople.com in the past but right now with BFing I know that if I just eat fewer sweet treats I can lose weight at least at first. When I get closer to goal I'll have to step it up but for now it will come off as long as I don't eat chocolate 3x a day which I keep doing!

How did this week go overall? Um.... No comment? We were snowed in, DH was out of town, I ate my feelings.

One thing you did really well: Had my first really good sweaty workout and shoveled snow.

One thing you really need to work on: chocolate, chocolate, chocolate

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? I would live at the gym if LO was old enough for the gym daycare so excercise is not my challenge (eating is!). I wrangled people into watching LO in the gym locker room 2x this week so I could work out, and I did a baby bootcamp excercise class so I got some good cardio and weight training in this week. It felt amazing. I'm also fortunate to have a good supply so I'm pumping 2x a day to donate to a milk bank, but I count those as extra calories burned! :-P

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip:  Make half of your dinner plate full of green veggies. I hate being hungry so in order to eat fewer calories I have to eat lots of low cal stuff like broccoli.

• JHBWJHBW member

I would like to join!

i am just starting, but am determined to lose the rest of the weight before I go bacI to work which is either end of April or end of May.   I lost a lot of weight about two years ago, then had a miscarraige and put some of it back on before getting pregnant with DS. I would like to get back to where I was two yeas ago.  

I am planning to do calorie counting, eating whole foods/ not processed foods as much, was also thinking of trying weight watchers online.   

This week I did pretty badly, I snacked a lot and did some baking.  I am determined to do better this coming week.  

I just bought Jillian Michaels ripped in 30,  I am hoping to do that and walk with DS as much as the weather allows.   

One healthy tip that goes along with drinking water, I like to add limes, lemons, or cucumbers to my water to give it a little pizazz.  I find I drink even more when I flavor it a bit.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Starting weight: 168 (day I delivered)
    Current weight: 147 @5wks pp
    Goal weight: 135

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc.
    To walk, do ab workouts, and maybe a dance class or dance video

How did this week go overall? We just moved, so a little hectic with lots of dining out

One thing you did really well: Drank PLENTY of water

One thing you really need to work on: Actually working out and cooking. Also, having healthy snack options available

No tips from me. I've never paid attention to my diet or exercised regularly before, so this is a new journey for me.
  • Start weight: Pregnancy weight at highest point - 188Current weight: 159 @ 6 weeks pp Goal weight: 140 (135 is my dream goal)

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc.  Exercising!How did this week go overall? I was waiting until after my 6 week appt which was on Wednesday so I figure I'll start fresh on MondayOne thing you did really well: This has been a bad week...had a salad last night for dinner?One thing you really need to work on: Cutting out the sweets! This would be easier if DH didn't bring chocolates back from Belgium. For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal?  I want to get back on the eliptical 3-4 days a week to start and move outdoors when the weather gets better. Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip!  There's no real topic this week so it could be anything, favorite healthy recipe, best low-cal drink, brush your teeth when you're craving candy, tighten your abs at stop lights, whatever!  :) Drink a glass of water when you are bored-hungry instead of eating junk.  Or have a healthy snack!   
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Start weight: 192 at delivery, 162 three weeks post-partum

Current weight: 154

Goal weight: 140 for pre-pregnancy, but really I'd like to be 135, which is what I weighed when I got married

What is your current plan of attack? i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc. I've been calorie counting for about three weeks and have lost 8 pounds. I just started exercising this week.

How did this week go overall? Great! I've done really well the last three weeks.

One thing you did really well: Kept track of what I ate. It seriously helped so much.

One thing you really need to work on: Working out more 

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? I did a Biggest Loser workout DVD. I only did it twice so far...hello sore muscles! It'll take some time to get used to working out again.

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip! There's no real topic this week so it could be anything, favorite healthy recipe, best low-cal drink, brush your teeth when you're craving candy, tighten your abs at stop lights, whatever! :)Right now I am loving my small bowl of ice cream every night. As far as calories go, it isn't too bad for a few small scoops, and I like to say most of them come from dairy anyway, so all that calcium is good for me. But, knowing I will have a little ice cream at night helps me from eating far more calories during the day! I resist the urge to snack on chips or have some chocolate because I know I have 200 calories worth of ice cream waiting for me. In the long run, I think it works out in my favor.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just got cleared to start exercising... sooooo hard to get back to doing my sit-ups and push-ups!

Start weight: not sure.

Current weight: 170

Goal weight: 142

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I am in! I was doing a daily on the other board but it is too hard to keep up with so I'll join in here, yay!

Starting weight... 135 PP, 178 at delivery

Current weight... 146

Goal weight... 135 for sure, I would love 127

I started back exercising this week and man its good to be moving. Took the stroller to the y and walked miles on the track. So nice.

What went well... Just getting back into thinking about my body and started to exercise again.

What needs work... Eating! I overeat when overtired and stressed and that is every new mom so I really need to fill up on healthier foods and watch portions

This is great,I have stalled in weight loss so I need the motivation to get fit for summer!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesbevmc09:

Start weight: 172

Current weight: 134

Goal weight: 120-125

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc. I am using the diet from Advocare's 24-Day Challenge (not the actual program though, since I am EBFing). I am taking Catalyst (It's amazing!) I am also going to be using the "Can You 24" DVD once I am cleared to workout.

How did this week go overall? I was sick for a few days, so I didn't do much. I'm only 5 weeks PP, so I'm not cleared to workout yet.

One thing you did really well: Consistently taking my Catalyst

One thing you really need to work on: Eating more

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Start weight: 125 pre-pregnancy, 170ish at deliver (yikes!)

Current weight: 150

Goal weight: 125

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc.  I am going to make healthier choices with my eating and start working out again.  I will start C25K tomorrow morning!

How did this week go overall? Well, I just had my 6 week checkup today and was cleared to excercise.  I have been trying to ease myself into healthier eating habits this past week and did okay.

One thing you did really well:  When I am starving late at night, I have been opting for yogurt, fruit, whole wheat toast, etc. instead of sweets.

One thing you really need to work on: Excercise!

• ta78ta78 member

Start weight: 175 at delivery

Current weight: 152

Goal weight: 140 is my pp weight, but I'd like to get down to 125 which is my pp weight before my 1st.

What is your current plan of attack?  I've been using my fitness pal to keep track of my eating. I really need to work on getting more greens and less junk in.

I have gotten my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD back out and we've been going on walks when it's not raining too much. I am having a hard time finding the motivation to work out, so hopefully this will help keep me accountable.

I saw this thing on Pinterest about drinking lemon, cucumber, mint water to help metabolism and weight loss. We will see how it goes. I love Pepsi, but am trying my hardest to stick w water.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Prepregnacy I was 167

Start weight at birth 208

Now 179

Goal 150

I am watching my carb intake and working out 4 days a week weight lifting and starting cardio slowly.

Ive been doing low carb and gym for 2 weeks and haven't lost a pound very discouraged!  

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Start weight/current weight: 148 lbs

Small Goal Weight: 138 lbs (pre-pregnancy weight)

Overall Goal Weight: 128 lbs

Progress: None. I haven't done anything yet :( I'm not planning to count calories, but my goal was to cut out junk, add in more fruits and veggies, and start doing Pilates 3x per week. So hopefully I'll be on track for all of that next week...

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Start weight: 212 (I'm going off of the weight i was when I had to start trying)

Current weight: 212 (i had lost three, but put it back on this last weigh in. I started my period though, so I'm attributing it to that because i stayed within my points!)

Goal weight: 145

What is your current plan of attack?  i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc.: weight watchers, again. Except I'm considering paleo after my prepaid three months with ww is over.

How did this week go overall? not so good. I lose all control when I'm on my period... i had a sleeve of thin mints for breakfast on Friday :/ also, i start work on Monday, so I've been stress eating...

One thing you did really well: went to a Mexican restaurant on Wednesday and got a taco salad without dressing and didn't eat the shell it came in

One thing you really need to work on: exercise. I'm horrible... i keep using my c section as an excuse

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? I did do a 2 mile walk for MS (one of my best friends suffers from it)

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip!  There's no real topic this week so it could be anything, favorite healthy recipe, best low-cal drink, brush your teeth when you're craving candy, tighten your abs at stop lights, whatever!  :)

no tip, but i have a quote that i love. "don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now"  

Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Start weight: around 176-180

Current weight:178

Goal weight:145

What is your current plan of attack? i.e. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, exercise program, etc.- Excersize program and eating less junk food as well as strength and weight training

How did this week go overall? terrible

One thing you did really well: 10 sets of 10 wall pushes

One thing you really need to work on: boredom eating.

For those of you who are trying to get back in the swing of exercising, what types of exercise did you do this week and did you meet your goal? i did 10 sets of 10 arm wall pushoffs and some ab workouts lef lifts...and i would say excersize wise yes i met my goal.

Bonus question: Share your favorite healthy tip! There's no real topic this week so it could be anything, favorite healthy recipe, best low-cal drink, brush your teeth when you're craving candy, tighten your abs at stop lights, whatever!

chewing gum helps me with food addiction. especially minty gum!!! I try to just drink water milk and some juice- try not to drink your calories. do your kegles whenever you think of them...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"