February 2013 Moms

FFFC

I wanna see your new mommy confessions! Or unrelated confessions... Doesn't matter - I wanna see your confessions! lol

Periodically, I'll almost mistake floppy newborn sleep for a mother's worst nightmare. Last night, LO spit up, and it my first time dealing with it alone. I tried to use the little suction bulb, but was clumsy with it. He fell asleep almost instantly after spitting up, and even though I was awkwardly maneuvering him around, he went all floppy. I literally panicked internally that my newborn had died spontaneously from spitting up. Tongue Tied That's what I call FTM-ing... lol

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC

• You suction spit-up? Why? (not judging, just curious. the idea never crossed my mind. she either swallows it again or it comes out.)

My FFFC: After doing 5 nights in a row, a few of them really bad, I exaggerated a bit how frustrated I was during night #5 to get sympathy from DH. It worked so well that he said I had to stay in bed the next night and he would take the night shift. He did have the next day off, so I gratefully took his offer. 

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Sometimes, I'm not sure I want any more kids. Dealing with a baby who constantly cries and is never content is seriously wearing on my nerves, and she's only 5 weeks old. We could have a long way to go yet. I feel like going in a hole and hiding for a week. I love DD, but so far, motherhood has not been fun in the least. I feel guilty saying that, but it's true.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • I sleep on the recliner in LOs room because I'm annoyed that Michael plays video games in the bedroom until 3 or 4 in the morning while Colton and I try to sleep. He talks on the headset the whole time and wzkes us up. I've tried talking it out and it falls on deaf ears so this is my passive agressive stand.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imagekelly321:

You suction spit-up? Why? (not judging, just curious. the idea never crossed my mind. she either swallows it again or it comes out.) 

They told me to. I have found it to be pretty ineffective/pointless. Maybe the bigger concern is for when he's on his back in the bassinet vs. in my arms? I really don't know.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm feeling pretty much back to myself now.  I'm getting decent sleep (2 hour stretches) and a nap during the day.

But, I'm still accepting all of the help.  People are still bringing me dinner and offering to do stuff for me, so I'm accepting the help even though I don't really need it.  I guess I figure in a week people are going to drop off the face of the earth and stop caring, so I should take advantage of the help while I can.

• imagekleigh926:
    Sometimes, I'm not sure I want any more kids. Dealing with a baby who constantly cries and is never content is seriously wearing on my nerves, and she's only 5 weeks old. We could have a long way to go yet. I feel like going in a hole and hiding for a week. I love DD, but so far, motherhood has not been fun in the least. I feel guilty saying that, but it's true.

I hate that you're having such a hard time. My first was a miserable baby! He seemed to never be happy as an infant and it was so hard for me to get used to being a mom. But then he started smiling and laughing and turned into quite the happy baby. Always a handful... especially at 2... but he's a sweetie.
    I didn't think I'd have another in the beginning but we did and I wouldn't change a thing. It's easier this time I think because I know all these things are temporary. Hang in there! You're doing great! I know how hard and exhausting it can be to try and calm an unconsoleable infant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRunaway22:
    imagekelly321:

You suction spit-up? Why? (not judging, just curious. the idea never crossed my mind. she either swallows it again or it comes out.) 

They told me to. I have found it to be pretty ineffective/pointless. Maybe the bigger concern is for when he's on his back in the bassinet vs. in my arms? I really don't know.

They told us to also in the hospital. Honestly I just thought that I had forgotten from the first time around but I really dont remember doing it with my first. But those hospital bulb things are amazing on snotty noses!
  • imagekleigh926:
    Sometimes, I'm not sure I want any more kids. Dealing with a baby who constantly cries and is never content is seriously wearing on my nerves, and she's only 5 weeks old. We could have a long way to go yet. I feel like going in a hole and hiding for a week. I love DD, but so far, motherhood has not been fun in the least. I feel guilty saying that, but it's true.

Aw sweetie! I've definitely said that a couple of times these last few weeks. It can be really frustrating at times! I wish I could give you a big hug - my heart goes out to you.

My confession is I am sincerely considering switching all the way to formula. I have never really been able to catch up with Rory's appetite and have been BFing, pumping and supplementing. It would be nice to just stick with one method of feeding. And while it has been easier than when I was EBFing, it's still really overwhelming and I am still experiencing anxiety surrounding his feeding times. I know I will feel better if I make the switch, but then I feel super guilty - like if I tried harder i could make BFing work, since I know so many of you ladies have done it.  

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imageDrea926:

imagekleigh926:

Aw sweetie! I've definitely said that a couple of times these last few weeks. It can be really frustrating at times! I wish I could give you a big hug - my heart goes out to you.

My confession is I am sincerely considering switching all the way to formula. I have never really been able to catch up with Rory's appetite and have been BFing, pumping and supplementing. It would be nice to just stick with one method of feeding. And while it has been easier than when I was EBFing, it's still really overwhelming and I am still experiencing anxiety surrounding his feeding times. I know I will feel better if I make the switch, but then I feel super guilty - like if I tried harder i could make BFing work, since I know so many of you ladies have done it.  

Thanks for the encouragement! And I know it's hard, but try not to feel guilty if you do decide to switch to formula. You have to do what's best for you and your family. People make formula sound so terrible, and it's really not. Your sanity is extremely important in taking care of your LO, and if FF'ing will make things less stressful for you, you shouldn't feel bad about it.

• Here goes, and this is really flameworthy.  I'm not sad/guilty this time around that breastfeeding isn't working out for us.  I don't know why, but I've never been crazy about the idea of doing it although I have tried my hardest with both babies.  I love my kids to death and would do anything for them but I am just not made to breastfeed, and I have finally accepted that its OK.   With my first I was wracked with guilt about it, but I think some perspective and a few years of reflection and also seeing my son grow up on formula to be the healthiest kid I know, I am OK with it this time around. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:
    imagekelly321:

Yeah, that's what burp rags are for, just wipe it up and go on. 

I'm a terrible person whose two year old has now seen every oeta show...everyday.  Thomas is on right now.  We watch so much TV, I sing the songs in my sleep.  Until #2 came along, he'd pretty much never seen TV at all.  And I'm still sending him to daycare even though I'm home.  At least the TV is not there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageDrea926:

imagekleigh926:

See my post above. Totally agree that at some point if you are not going to EP you have to just cut over to EFF to save your sanity. I understand the guilt- I felt it with my son, but what you need to think about is that you are a good mom for making sure your kid is fed and healthy. My son was EFF from 6 weeks on and he has only had like 3 colds in 2.5 years. Try

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I knew this was going to be hard but until you are living it you never understand.

I feel bad that I let other people comfort my baby so I don't have to hear her cry. I wish I could say its bc I hate to hear her upset but really I hate the crying. There have already been a few moments where I have regretted having her. Luckily those moments pass quickly but I feel bad for thinking it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageadamwife:
    I'm feeling pretty much back to myself now.nbsp; I'm getting decent sleep 2 hour stretches and a nap during the day. But, I'm still accepting all of the help.nbsp; People are still bringing me dinner and offering to do stuff for me, so I'm accepting the help even though I don't really need it.nbsp; I guess I figure in a week people are going to drop off the face of the earth and stop caring, so I should take advantage of the help while I can.

This. Someone brought us dinner last night, so I used my dinner prep time to make 4.5 dozen lactation cookies....
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • imagekleigh926:

I have been feeling a lot of this as well. DS is a very fussy high needs baby. Breastfeeding is hard. I miss sleep. I had a hard pregnancy, a C section delivery I didn't want and I've started saying "if" instead of when we have more kids. I am trying to enjoy the newborn phase, but I honestly think I will be much happier when he's older and more responsive, and not kicking me in my still healing surgery incision.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekleigh926:
    imageDrea926:

imagekleigh926:

Thanks for the encouragement! And I know it's hard, but try not to feel guilty if you do decide to switch to formula. You have to do what's best for you and your family. People make formula sound so terrible, and it's really not. Your sanity is extremely important in taking care of your LO, and if FF'ing will make things less stressful for you, you shouldn't feel bad about it.

Thank you - it's nice to hear that from another mom. I think sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

I've been meaning to ask you - is your birthday September 26th? I noticed we have the same numbers on our screen names. :-)  

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imagejoecubed:
    imageadamwife:
    I'm feeling pretty much back to myself now.nbsp; I'm getting decent sleep 2 hour stretches and a nap during the day. But, I'm still accepting all of the help.nbsp; People are still bringing me dinner and offering to do stuff for me, so I'm accepting the help even though I don't really need it.nbsp; I guess I figure in a week people are going to drop off the face of the earth and stop caring, so I should take advantage of the help while I can.
    This. Someone brought us dinner last night, so I used my dinner prep time to make 4.5 dozen lactation cookies....

I know what I'm doing today! Yummy.

Evy was  got up at 6 this morning to eat, like normal. When I changed her I noticed that she had leaked through her diaper onto her nightgown and all in her crib. I reeeaally wanted to take a shower before she woke back up and since she was already asleep I decided to let her be. So I left her in my bed and took a nice long shower.

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageDrea926:

Thank you - it's nice to hear that from another mom. I think sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

I've been meaning to ask you - is your birthday September 26th? I noticed we have the same numbers on our screen names. :-)  

Why yes it is :) Birthday buddies! Party!!!

• First of all, to the mom's struggling with fussy babies and feeling unsure of themselves - huge hugs to you.  You are doing better than you think you are. This is hard! I have those same moments of "I can't do this" every day.  But we are doing it.  And we will have these beautiful little people to show for it..  Keep your chin up and ask for help! 

My FFFC, at night I try very hard to have my baby sleep in his basinet, but when it's 3:30 and he is fussing and won't go back to sleep I will let him sleep anywhere he wants.  On my chest, between us,  or his favorite spot, Curled up in the crook of my arm. He also likes his rocker. It gets the moms a few hours of sleep and he is a happier baby. I know I should be teaching him to sleep in his basinet, but he is only two weeks old. It's all about survival at this point. 

•  I could not get DS to school soon enough today. He was up and asking 9000 questions this am. All I wanted was to feed the baby in quiet and enjoy the sunshine (through the window).  Don't know why this was driving me crazy but it was.

I'm giving her formula today, been giving it to her at night and pumping during the day, but she has been so gassy and sadly I think its my milk Tongue Tied I have been really bad about watching what I ate the last couple of days (read French onion soup, and a large coke for dinner).  I so badly wanted to breastfeed this LO, but I am  enjoying other people being able to feed her so I can have a the break

***Also I love you ladies makes me feel less crazy, and that someone else understands that some days just suckCrying

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I think I've done a little bit of all of these!  Sometimes I'll hear her poo during a feeding, but I'll put her back to sleep because changing her will wake her up.  Sometimes I just want her to sleep so I can watch tv guilt free (I also feel obligated to play with her when she's awake). I also have days where I wish I was young and single and childless again.  I love LO and DH and being married and all, but having all this responsibility makes me want to be young and care free again (grass is always greener syndrome).  One of the main reasons I just pump instead of BF is so DH cn take night shift and I can sleep 7 hours (poor guy hasn't slept in three days). I'm sure there's more, but this is just a sampling.  Mommy guilt blows.
  • Man I've done a lot of these too. I EP cuz LOD wouldn't latch at all but seriously I'd do it even if she didn't just to try to get sleep (the nights we can. we're on night three of getting up every one to two hours). I'm pretty sure I've also done they she pooped while feeding but fell asleep so asleep she's staying. I'm just so frustrated with how fussy she's been the last few days I could die. She's one month and I think I've asked if the stork had a return policy like 5 times already. Then felt really bad that I said that and cried over it cuz I'm still a basketcase while getting used to this prozac crap. Ugh.
  • Man I've done a lot of these too. I EP cuz LO wouldn't latch at all but seriously I'd do it even if she didn't just to try to get sleep (the nights we can. we're on night three of getting up every one to two hours). I'm pretty sure I've also done they she pooped while feeding but fell asleep so asleep she's staying. I'm just so frustrated with how fussy she's been the last few days I could die. She's one month and I think I've asked if the stork had a return policy like 5 times already. Then felt really bad that I said that and cried over it cuz I'm still a basketcase while getting used to this prozac crap. Ugh.
  • imageMalRiggs:

I could not get DS to school soon enough today. He was up and asking 9000 questions this am. All I wanted was to feed the baby in quiet and enjoy the sunshine (through the window).  Don't know why this was driving me crazy but it was.

I'm giving her formula today, been giving it to her at night and pumping during the day, but she has been so gassy and sadly I think its my milk Tongue Tied I have been really bad about watching what I ate the last couple of days (read French onion soup, and a large coke for dinner).  I so badly wanted to breastfeed this LO, but I am  enjoying other people being able to feed her so I can have a the break

***Also I love you ladies makes me feel less crazy, and that someone else understands that some days just suckCrying

Have you tried cutting out dairy? DD was super gassy the first 3-4 weeks and it was miserable because she was so miserable. I didn't think I ate that much dairy but decided to stop eating it anyways. Once I started going without it, I realized that I was eating dairy with almost every meal. After 2-3 days dairy free, she's hardly gassy anymore and when she is, it's much easier for us to burp her and for her pass gas.

BabyFetus Ticker

• My confession... I wish some times they were back in my belly.  In there I know they were safe, fed, and with me all the time.  I miss the movement, kicks and having them all to myself.

I love my boys and love playing with them (as much as you can play with a 5 weeks old).  I love comforting them when they are upset but I may be feeling some baby blues.  When I am by myself and both are crying I feel horrible as one is generally left crying for a couple of minutes while I sooth the other.  I am getting better about soothing both but sometimes it just doesn't work so one is left screaming his head off while the other gets snuggles to calm down and then I try and give the one left crying extra snuggles.  

I definitely feel very torn most days. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This post is making me feel a lot better, just to know I'm not alone. I also have heard DD poop and not changed her because she was sleeping! It would be different if she wasn't so fussy and hard to get back to sleep, but once this baby goes to sleep, I am not doing ANYTHING that might wake her back up.

• imageknickerbockers:
    imageMalRiggs:

I could not get DS to school soon enough today. He was up and asking 9000 questions this am. All I wanted was to feed the baby in quiet and enjoy the sunshine (through the window).  Don't know why this was driving me crazy but it was.

Have you tried cutting out dairy? DD was super gassy the first 3-4 weeks and it was miserable because she was so miserable. I didn't think I ate that much dairy but decided to stop eating it anyways. Once I started going without it, I realized that I was eating dairy with almost every meal. After 2-3 days dairy free, she's hardly gassy anymore and when she is, it's much easier for us to burp her and for her pass gas.

Agreed that cutting out dairy helps. However it takes longer than 2 or 3 days to take effect because cows milk proteins will stay in your body for about 10 days, and stay in LO's body another 10ish days after he's consumed it. That's why they recommend eliminating dairy for 2 or 3 weeks before evaluating the results.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekleigh926:
    This post is making me feel a lot better, just to know I'm not alone. I also have heard DD poop and not changed her because she was sleeping! It would be different if she wasn't so fussy and hard to get back to sleep, but once this baby goes to sleep, I am not doing ANYTHING that might wake her back up.

You aren't alone. I know there are some people who love the newborn phase, but I'm not one of them. There are difficulties with having a toddler, too, but at least in my sleep deprived state, I'm wishing away these first few months. Probably several times a day I have to remind myself that the first 3-4 months are really hard for me but after about 6 months it got better with DD1 and I assume it will with DD2, too. And then in about a year I'll be all nostalgic about DD2's newborn time...

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Runaway- I'm a STM and I still freak when DD gets all limp.

Kleigh- hang in there, mama! DD1 was colicky and I was miserable. Just miserable. Everyone would say, "Oh isn't it great?" And I wanted to scream, "No, this SUCKS! I hate it!" for months. But then, over time, the fussiness stopped and she became the most amazing little person I had ever known. And then, hallelujah! She started STTN! (I won't tell you how long that took, but it was a while!) and I thought, OK, I could do this again. And so we did. And so far DD2 is sooooooo much easier. It will get better, I promise. And I read somewhere that colic is correlated with high IQ, so there's that!

My FFFC.... Um, I ate three lactation cookies before lunch? Last night DH did most of the nighttime duties but he looks so cranky and tired today that I feel guilty and I resent him for looking tired. I have to do it every other night, so he needs to do it and look happy about it, gosh darn it!

• I am so happy that someone posted this. I agree with almost all of the posts. My confession, I feel so guilty every minute of the day i spend not holding or interacting with my son but it gets so exhausting. i agree with the posters who said it's so hard interacting with a newborn who doesn't really respond. I'm fine for an hour or two a day but after that...? i find myself watching tv while I hold him :( bad mommy
  • I have two right now and I feel terrible about both of them.

1. I get jealous of my husband when he get's home from work and tells me about his day. I can tell he glazes over when I talk about breast feeding, pooping and diapers etc. Part of me is excited to get back to work and have adult conversations again. I feel like all I do is stare at the baby, feed him, try to nap when he naps etc

2. I miss being "fun". My husband and I went out a lot before I got pregnant and I have to admit I love a good cocktail or glass of wine. After 9 months of being pregnant and so good about eating, exercising, and no drinking...all I want to do is be a little irresponsible and "fun". I'm not even talking about an all nighter out on the town but I just want 1 too many cocktails but I'm EBFing....I sometimes feel like my husband worries we will never have fun again :( 

I know these feelings will pass as soon as he gets older but I'm having a hard time right now...but I adore my son.  

• Oh god, are we not supposed to watch tv??? How am I supposed to "play" with a newborn??
  • imageeatdrinkstretch:
    Oh god, are we not supposed to watch tv??? How am I supposed to "play" with a newborn??

Ya got me!  Mine sleeps so much, and I don't want to just put her in her crib EVERY time she falls asleep.  So we shoot for a morning nap and an afternoon nap, but most of the time when I'm holding her and cuddling her, she falls asleep.  And since it's not like I can do much else while holding my sleeping baby... TV it is! It's disgusting how much I've watched over the past few weeks.

• I watch so much TV now, it's ridiculous. I know what's on every hour of the day.

• I am bed-sharing most nights with DS3, even though he will sleep in his cradle. When bed-sharing, DS3 will sleep 5-6 hours versus 3-3.5 hours while sleeping in his cradle.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageeatdrinkstretch:
    Oh god, are we not supposed to watch tv??? How am I supposed to "play" with a newborn??

Haha this is me!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • I'm starting to resent my husband. He's a loving dad but wtf my LO is 3 weeks tomorrow and he hasn't taken 1night yet. Fine during the week cuz he works but give a dang Saturday to me to sleep 1 full night. it's seriously starting to get to me. 
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • My FFFC?

I really wouldn't mind so much if baby stayed inside for another month! If only it were possible...

The only discomfort that has increased is all the soreness from walking longer walks, doing squats and working the birthing ball. I was feeling pretty good before that, just excited to meet baby.

I'm still excited about meeting baby and I can't wait, but I HATE the egg timer/finish line!!! I wish baby could just come when baby is ready and it wouldn't be a risk or problem! Crying

• I was a complete B all day today to everyone in the house. I feel awful but not awful enough to apologize to DH. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. I am just SO tired! 3 little ones under 4 can be too much to deal with at times:/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekelly321:

imagekleigh926:
    This post is making me feel a lot better, just to know I'm not alone. I also have heard DD poop and not changed her because she was sleeping! It would be different if she wasn't so fussy and hard to get back to sleep, but once this baby goes to sleep, I am not doing ANYTHING that might wake her back up.

You aren't alone. I know there are some people who love the newborn phase, but I'm not one of them. There are difficulties with having a toddler, too, but at least in my sleep deprived state, I'm wishing away these first few months. Probably several times a day I have to remind myself that the first 3-4 months are really hard for me but after about 6 months it got better with DD1 and I assume it will with DD2, too. And then in about a year I'll be all nostalgic about DD2's newborn time...

I've said many times that I seriously wish I could gestate months and months longer just to have a 6 month old pop out instead of a newborn!!!! 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"