Breastfeeding

Make your own Baby food?!?!? I'm trying it....

I have never considered making my own baby food, but after talking with a fellow mom who does I instantly felt bad.  Why haven't I thought of this before.  I fel like I cheated my first son.  So I am going to try making some foods (he will still get jar baby food too).  Why do I feel so bad??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Make your own Baby food?!?!? I'm trying it....

• Don't feel bad.  I made my own with LO1.  This kid will probably get store bought.  I just don't have the energy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We do a combo of homemade and store-bought. I like giving items not typically found in jarred babyfood, such as coconut, parsnips, turnips, avocado. And it's cheaper to make your own. Or for apples I just buy a big jar of applesauce, cheaper than baby-food apples and it's the same thing.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as your feeding your baby you shouldn't feel bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • This is a good site

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

Ironically, I made all of DD's babyfood when she was little, but now buy jars of pur?e. It's for her oatmeal, which she wants to eat everyday, and I add it for flavor (& bonus that it adds to her fruit intake)

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dont feel bad! i make my own and enjoy it for the most part, but sometimes its hard to find the time to make it. i like trying new combinations, i just discovered that DD LOVES blueberries and squash together, and spinach and apples. I like that all her food is fresh with little/no additives. I try to make a few batches on Sundays to last us through the week.
  • Don't feel bad!! I made all my first sons baby food but it was SO much work with working full time so now that I have 2 LOs, I will probably make some of DS2 and also use jarred food. I just figure, my mom have me formula AND jarred food and I came out fine. A loving, caring mother is the most important thing and it seems like you've got that down pat! :

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Don't feel bad at all!  When I was a nanny, the mother and I made the LO's food.  We'd make batches, freeze them in ice cube trays, pop them into ziplocks and they'd last for a couple of weeks!  Super easy.  Take an hour... have your SO watch the LO and experiment... It was actually a lot of fun to try different combinations.  Although, I found that making our own meat babyfood was horrible.  I'll be getting that from the store for my LO when she's ready Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"