November 2013 Moms

Any other mom's with large families?

Am I the only mom w/ a ton of kids?  This is baby 8 for us and I'm wondering if I'm alone.  I have 5 boys (ages 15, 12, 7.5, 6 and 4) and then 2 little girls (ages 2 and 5.5 months).

We weren't TTC at all so we weren't expecting this. It's starting to sink in and I'm getting excited, but 13.5 months will be our closest spacing.  We were actually thinking no more babies for a few years, but I guess God had other plans for us.

Rachel, mom to 5 boys, 2 girls and a baby edd 11/05/13

Re: Any other mom's with large families?

• Congratulations! I can't imagine! This will be #3 for us and we "plan" on only having 3 or 4 but of course that is all up to God.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WOW! Now that is a LARGE family. This will be #4 and last for us (DD 11 yrs, DS 2 yrs (28 mos), DS 11 months (today!). We had said 2-3, then 3-4....but 4 is definitely our cut off. One of us will be fixed after this baby :) God bless you! You are a busy mama!

ETA: so is #8 it for you or do you want more?

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Loading the player...
  • WOW! I would be insane! LOL. We want 3 and this is #2. My mom is one of 11, and I have 25 first cousins! I love having a large, close knit, family. I just don't think I could raise on  of my own. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have a good friend that is 1 of 12!!! All singleton pregnancies too...by the same parents.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • I don't personally have a lot of kids, but I have two with my EH and my SO has two with his EW. We'll have 5 between the two of us.
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLina1030:
    we have a good friend that is 1 of 12!!! All singleton pregnancies too...by the same parents.

My grandma actually birthed 14 singletons with my grandfather. She had 3 losses after birth. The 11 are still alive. My grandfather was only 1 of 5, but his dad was 1 of 16, that all lived to be adults. My extended family is an unknown quantity. LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both my parents are 1 of 6 (not huge but large by today's standards) 

I was the oldest of 2 and at this time have 2 children + my new sticky bean.

I would love to have a big family as our family size with extended family has dropped considerably over the past couple of years.. deaths, bratty aunts/uncles ect. but I'm 34 and i am not sure how many is really reasonable to birth from this point.

I told hubby when we started the IVF that if we didnt get twins, I wanted another go round at this once new baby hits about a year.. after that we would be done and would have a total of 4.. I wouldnt mind 5 though to be honest. They are so spread apart now.. 14yo, 11yo now growing this one. :)  

• Wow!!!!congratulations on baby number 8. That's awesome.
  • MrsWPMrsWP member
    wow.. and to think that I'm stressing over #2!   Props to all if you with the courage and energy to raise that many!
  • I used to have a friend who had 7 kiddos. Her house had a weird structured chaos to it. 

The larger the fam, the more organized you have to be I guess. I am terribly disorganized and hate cleaning.. im afraid once new baby gets here, my living room may look like an episode of horders baby edition because i know i'll have baby stuff EVERYWHERE!

Mad props to you for managing that many.. and staying sane!

• I came from a huge family and loved it! I want a very large family so I think that's awesome!! Congrats!!
  • Congratulations! Only on #2 here but one of my best friends is the youngest of 9. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It looks like I'm the only mom to a ton of kids here right now.  Yes, my house is probably a bit of controlled chaos and a bit of super organization, right now I feel the controlled chaos wins out and the controlled part is probably a very lose title right now.

Honestly, I'm pretty well organized, it become essential with baby #5.  There just became way more to do than I could do on my own so everyone chipping in become essential.  I also have big kid help to entertain babies while I cook or run to the bathroom....most days.

And because life isn't crazy enough I also home school and run my own business.  I never thought I'd have a lot of kids, I was going to have my kids all by age 30 and be done, but God has had other plans and I'm so glad.  This will be my 6th baby since turning 30.

I am nervous about having babies so close together since 2yrs is my average spacing, so 13 months is really close and I'm not sure how I'll handle it logistically, but one thing I've learned in 15 years of parenting is that you always find a way and being flexible is key.  I am way more relaxed than I used to be and have found what works and doesn't.....co sleeping does NOT work for us, baby in their own bed in their room from day one does work.  Bottle feeding from time to time does work for us, etc.  I've given up a lot of guilt over the years.

Rachel, mom to 5 boys, 2 girls and a baby edd 11/05/13
  • Reminds me of the movie "cheaper by the dozen" : congrats!

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"