Toddlers: 24 Months+

Will you share your easiest (yet delicious) dinner recipe?

I'm trying to compile things I can make that are not difficult. Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Will you share your easiest (yet delicious) dinner recipe?

• Baked Zita or a Pasta Bake. I'm doing a very basic pasta bake tonight with what I have in the house. A box of whole wheat penne noodles, Turkey meat or reg meat, a jar of pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. When I have more time I do Baked Zita because it so yum.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Shepherd's Pie! Just a layer seasoned ground meat to your liking, a veggie of your choice ( i love corn and peas), a layer of mashed potatoes and a final layer of cheese in a casserole pan baked at 350 for 30 minutes. It's my go to recipe that my mom used to make for us
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Chicken stir fry.  I cut and cook 2 chicken breasts with Asian Zang sauce from bw3.  Then I add fresh chopped broccoli, a red pepper and any other fresh veggie in the house.  Then I cook rice....put them together...and people can add additional Asian Zang sauce if desired.  Delicious, fresh and healthy.  Plenty of leftovers too!

I also love Mexican lasagna.  Shred 8 flour tortillas.  Brown meat and add/saut? red pepper to this.  Combine a can of corm, black beans, and rotel.  Layer tortillas, beef, veggies, cheese...repeat.  I use a big baking dish.   really makes a ton.  I freeze little portions for J because it heats up well also.

imageimage
  • Another one...I haven't tried yet, but will soon.  I am going to buy the frozen Stouffers Mac and cheese.  Prepare according to directions.  Put into a baking dish.  Add chicken fromm a cooked rotisserie chicken, a bit of ranch and buffalo sauce.  I am hoping it resembles the buffalo chicken Mac n cheese that is so popular .
    imageimage
  • imageshaw:
    Another one...I haven't tried yet, but will soon.  I am going to buy the frozen Stouffers Mac and cheese.  Prepare according to directions.  Put into a baking dish.  Add chicken fromm a cooked rotisserie chicken, a bit of ranch and buffalo sauce.  I am hoping it resembles the buffalo chicken Mac n cheese that is so popular .

I actually make mac & cheese from scratch once a week, after work for my kids & it takes all of 15 min (not including the time waiting for the water to boil). I do not bake it though so you have to like it in that pre-baked creamy type  form. While pasta is baking, you make the butter/flour roux, add the milk, add some cheese, voila! I steam some frozen broccoli in the micro during all this or some frozen chopped spinach and mix it in. Sometimes I add chicken or ham. And then if you want the buffalo style, you could add the hot sauce and/or ranch.

I have 2 easiest recipes that I go to a lot: 

From Rocco Dispirito 5 ingredient cookbook:  Saute some chicken cutlets (pretty thin) on both sides til brown & done, remove from pan. chop (not mince) about 6 large cloves garlic. saute in oil (don't let it get brown). Add 1 can strained san marzano tomatoes (1/2 cup juice saved), break up & heat, add the saved juice. put chicken back in, add chopped fresh basil, serve over pasta, parmesan.

Also this stir fry pork from Parents magazine:

Pork & Spinach stirfry 

1 lb pork (I used tenderloin cuz they have them BOGO all the time)

1 lb spinach trimmed of stems

2 tbsp peanut or other neutral oil

1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic

2 tbsp soy sauce plus more to taste

juice of 1/2 lime (I used more like 3/4, I like lime...)

1/2 cup scallions for garnish (didn't use cuz I didn't have)

a little chicken/veggie broth if you like more saucy/wet

slice the pork into thin bite sized pieces, chop the spinach.  Heat wok over high heat until smoking. Add 1/2 oil & the pork. Stir occasionally until pork browns & is no longer pink. Transfer to bowl & lower heat to medium. Add rest of oil & garlic, once it starts to brown, add spinach & cook til it wilts. Return pork to pan & stir for 1 min. Add soy & lime juice. If mixture is dry, add some broth to make more sauce. Serve over rice.

AND- I actually C&Ped the above 2 from a post I replied to months ago so here are some more ideas for you: https://m.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67728091.aspx

• Tacos! We do them two ways. Brown ground beef on the stove and season, then build as desired with toppings, or with chicken. 1lb chicken breast, 16oz salsa, a few tblsp of taco seasoning in the crock pot on low for 6-8hrs. Shred and build as desired with toppings. Sometimes I add a can of black beans to the chicken. These are really good on crunchy tostadas.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stir-fry.  It also gives lots of leftovers.  At it's most basic, a meat, carrots, onions, (any other veggies you want like broccoli or bell peppers or zucchni), rice, garlic, soy sauce, and oil.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Quick Pizza

1 can of Pilsbury crescent rolls

1 jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce

mozarella cheese

peperoni

Bake until golden brown and the cheese melts.

Stuffed Chicken

chicken breast pounded thin

mushrooms

spinach

cream cheese

salt and pepper to taste

blend mushrooms, spinach,cream cheese and salt and pepper in food processor.

Stuff chicken breast with filling. Roll and secure with toothpick. Spray rolls with cooking spray and season with a little salt and pepper.. Bake for approx. 45 mins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fajitas - if you are totally lazy and all about convenience like me, all you need to do is go buy the tortillas, most grocery stores have a "fajita mix" of peppers and onions pre-cut and ready to cook, and you can even buy the chicken already cut up for them as well and cooked. I do this maybe once every couple weeks.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• This has been my new favorite. Bear with me on the substitutions, it actually makes it even eaiser!

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/paprika_shrimp_green_bean_saute.html

I use chicken instead of shrimp due to allergy but hear it's great with shrimp. I also use canned green beans in place of fresh (more power to you if you have the time). I serve this over brown rice. YUM!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageWestCoastMommy:
    Baked Zita or a Pasta Bake. I'm doing a very basic pasta bake tonight with what I have in the house. A box of whole wheat penne noodles, Turkey meat or reg meat, a jar of pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. When I have more time I do Baked Zita because it so yum.

this is exactly what I was going to say.  It is our go to quick meal since we usually have sauce, cheese, pasta, and ground meat in the house at all times.  I will usually make 2 Atari time, freezing one before baking, which makes it even a quicker meal the next time.

when we have it I love to throw in a cup or two of cottage cheese, makes it so creamy. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When I think easy, I think my crockpot. I do BBQ chicken- throw some sauce, garlic powder and chicken in the pot and let it cook all day. I shred it up and either eat it as is or throw it on a bun for a sandwich. I also do a pot roast, chicken tortilla soup, beef or chicken teriyaki (found the recipe on pinterest)and Salsa chicken in the crock pot. I love coming home to a yummy smelling house and knowing dinner is ready!
    imageimage
  • We don't eat meat (fish only).  This fish recipe is yummy! Even the kids love it!

Put Talapia fillets (one per each person eating) on a cookie sheet (greased with a Lil olive oil).  Brush olive oil on each fillet.  Shake seasoned panko onto each fillet (to cover). Press panko down into fish.  Bake on 400 degrees in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.

Tastes like fried fish! Yum! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • alakealake member

chicken bake:

6 chicken breasts

1 can mushroom or cream of chicken soup

1 tbsp of grainy mustard

box of stove top stuffing

1 cup of cheese

Preheat oven to 400, place chicken in bottom of baking pan, make stove top per directions, mix in can of soup into stuffing pour over top of chicken.  Bake for 45 minutes covered, uncover put on cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.

Chicken doesn't have to be un frozen, I usually can have it ready for the oven by the time it is heated.  You can also wrap chicken in ham if you have some, but just as good without ham

• Baked Ravioli

I layer frozen ravioli (no need to thaw) in a 13 x 9 pan with jar sauce (my fave is Emeril's Kicked Up Tomato).  Top with italian blend cheese and bake at 350 until cooked through - about 45 minutes. 

Literally takes no planning ahead since the Ravioli is still frozen and the sauce is from a jar.

Formerly Jaxmom1 - now Jaxmom11 because of a bump fart!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"