1st Trimester

Miserable

So I am barely six weeks pg and for the last few days I have been super sick! I have a cold definitely but also was told yesterday my urine came back negative with group b strep so I was put on amoxicillin. On top of that I keep going in and out of fevers which makes me think my kidney is acting up I am prone to kidney infections. So now I am wondering if the strep has anything to do with my kidney, I have been all over the Internet but not much success. My OB is sending over my results to my kidney dr and nothing yet but I am really nervous how this is going to affect the pregnancy. Anyone else deal with this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Miserable

• I'm not 100% about the kidney situation, but I also dealt with a really bad cold / sinus infection in the very beginning of my pregnancy. I had fevers on and off for 2 days, my body ached, I was sneezing and coughing, I couldn't keep any food down. I went to a regular doctor and they told me that I didn't have strep either, which was surprising because I was convinced I had strep because it felt like I was swallowing razor blades. The OB that I had then were of no help and quite rude to me when I was sick because I would call them every half hour telling them how I felt and if I felt worse I would let them know and needless to say they were no help to me which I pray isn't the case for you. I just stayed in bed, I didn't do any kind of activities until I knew I was 100% better. My best advice is keep your OB updated. If you feel worse. Let them know and if your fever goes up past 101 definitely let them know! But for now there's not much you can do besides drink some chicken broth, eat some cough drops, take some tylenol / Benadryl and just stay in bed. I hope you get better soon. You're in my prayers!

=)

OH and drink LOTS AND LOTS of water!!!

• Yes keep them updated...but I don't know about every half hour...That does seem a little bit extreme.

Hope you both feel better!  I agree iwth the LOTS AND LOTS of water.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks and I meant my test was positive for group B strep. Also I am tired of water is there anything else that I can drink like Gatorade?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepjmommy04:
    Thanks and I meant my test was positive for group B strep. Also I am tired of water is there anything else that I can drink like Gatorade?

Yes you can drink Gatorade just make sure it's the lightly colored ones, Blue, Yellow etc because of the high amount of food coloring and such. Or try MiO that's what I used to put in my water because I'm getting tired of just plain water as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"