November 2012 Moms
Options

SAHM/WAHM Check-In

It's that time again ladies.  Let us know how your week has been going :)

What has been your biggest challenge this week?  What has been your best accomplishment?

Have you made any changes to your family schedule or routines?

Any new tips or advice to share with the other moms?

Bonus: How do you do meals in your house?  Do you meal plan, wing it, or have another system that works for your family?  Who cooks most often? WFD tonight?

And, as always, feel free to share vents, ask questions, or share anything that's on your mind :)

Photobucket
"For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
-1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: SAHM/WAHM Check-In

• Options
    What has been your biggest challenge this week? What has been your best accomplishment?

My biggest challenge has been naps. I've been trying to figure out what time M is showing me he needs a nap and finding the balance between putting him down before he is ready and before he gets overtired. I usually hold him for one nap a day because I love my snuggles and because he sleeps better that way. When I put him in his crib it usually takes him about a half hour to fall asleep. That includes me going in to help soothe him, give paci, etc. I think it's going to take a while for me to get this down, but he is still little and I'm still figuring out what his needs are concerning daily naps.

Best accomplishment? I don't know if I can call it an accomplishment, but M has started to laugh more this week. He gets that belly laugh with little squeals and a huge smile. It's awesome and I make a complete fool if myself just trying to see that laugh again.

Not really. As I mentioned before I'm still trying to figure out his naps. He eats about every 3 hours. I try to shower, clean and work on my graphic design job while he naps, but his naps are only about 30 to 45 min so I have to hurry!

I did figure out a cool trick, not sure if everyone already knew his though lol. If M falls asleep in my arms and I need to put him in his crib, he will sometimes wake up when I put him down. But, if I put my hands on his shoulders right after I lay him down, he will usually stay asleep! It's like a temporary swaddle or something lol. But it really works!

Bonus: How do you do meals in your house? Do you meal plan, wing it, or have another system that works for your family? Who cooks most often? WFD tonight?

We meal plan. I use emeals.com. You have to pay for it, but it saves us grocery money in the long run. Great for budgeting and it takes the work out of meal planning for me. Sometimes I substitute other recipes that we like instead of the ones given.

I usually do the cooking. Tonight I'm going simple, but trying something a little new. Tomato, avocado grilled cheese sandwiches. Sounds yummy!

And, as always, feel free to share vents, ask questions, or share anything that's on your mind

I'm always looking for new games, songs, or outings to do with M. If anyone has some new ideas please share!
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
  • Options

What has been your biggest challenge this week?  What has been your best accomplishment?

-Biggest: I'm actually trying to establish a nap time schedule for LO. Lets just say we are still working on it. 

-Best: Getting lots of house work done yesterday while LO was asleep.  

-Trying to make a nap time routine. 

-Nope 

Bonus:

How do you do meals in your house?

-Since it's LO, the dog, and myself until 8 or 9 until DH gets home and because I am doing the whole 30 challenge I have been making all my meals. I give DH the option to eat at home, which he usually does want a home-cooked meal, but he can stop on the way home and grab something. 

Do you meal plan, wing it, or have another system that works for your family?

-I meal plan most of the time but I def. wing it when groceries get low. Also, see above answer.

Who cooks most often?

-I do all the cooking. 

WFD tonight?

- Baked salmon, roasted cauliflower w/ EVOO and S&P, and probably a salad or steamed baby carrots. 

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What has been your biggest challenge this week?
    A is still having liquid poops, so trying to figure out the cause of that. She's also starting to get crabby, and since she's never been a fussy baby, I'm having a hard time with it.

What has been your best accomplishment?
    We are getting back on track with naps. Had to take a 6km walk the other day just to get her to get some sleep, so the fact that she is sleeping without that much effort is awesome.

I have been giving her a bath almost every night just because of how often she is pooping.

I've noticed on days we go for walks, A will fall asleep at bed time easier/sleep better. Don't know if it is just us, but I try to get some fresh air every day with her now.

Bonus: How do you do meals in your house? Do you meal plan, wing it, or have another system that works for your family? Who cooks most often? WFD tonight?
    I usually wing it. I found that when I meal plan I don't always feel like having that for dinner or something comes up and I will want something quick and easy to make.

Tonight I will be making chicken stir fry for my husband and veggie stir fry for myself

And, as always, feel free to share vents, ask questions, or share anything that's on your mind :

Has teething changed the way your LO poops? Increased at all?
    Friends are telling me that her diarrhea is teething but with the amount she's going, I think it's more than that.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekieannb:

Has teething changed the way your LO poops? Increased at all?
    Friends are telling me that her diarrhea is teething but with the amount she's going, I think it's more than that.

I was wondering this too. A couple days ago M had 7 poopy diapers in one day. He was also gnawing on his hand the entire day. I could've sworn he was going to pop a tooth. The next day he was back to his normal self though and no tooth yet that I can see. I don't know what was up with that day so I'm not sure if there are changes in poop habits or not when teething.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imagejLeigh0709:

Biggest challenge has been nights. He used to sttn but now he's up a few times per night. Biggest accomplishment... hm... I think it has been my mental state. Haha. I gave myself a new outlook on the sleep situation and I am feeling more confident in going with the flow. 

We are now doing a bathtime with our bedtime routine and we are moving LO  into his crib this weekend!

My only advice this week is to go with the flow. I wanted so badly to figure LO out and to give every wake up a reason. I now realize that he is still so little and I need to remember that he's a baby and babies are constantly changing. Also, I was getting so stressed and emotional about his waking up and now I keep thinking about how many mothers out there would give anything to hear a baby cry for them... 

Bonus: How do you do meals in your house?  Do you meal plan, wing it, or have another system that works for your family?  Who cooks most often? WFD tonight?

And, as always, feel free to share vents, ask questions, or share anything that's on your mind :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejLeigh0709:

Challenge...Getting enough sleep AND getting N on the change pad BEFORE the poop-splosion. Accomplishment...Getting the clothes off N before the poop-splosion gets all over them. 

Nope...although DH works all day shifts this week, which should have meant I'd get to see more of him, but because his store is under complete renovation, I've seen him less. :( 

? Hmmm...  Teach LO to support themselves on their legs. It helps get their pants off before the poop gets everywhere...

We sort of decide and plan one meal a week. Otherwise, mostly wing it. I cook every night. I Just throw stuff together. We could have chicken and rice every night for a week and it would never taste the same. Hubby bbqs from time to time, but I prep everything and instruct on the BBQ timing while I feed N.  

We live near Toronto, Ontario. DH plays hockey in a men's league. He had a game at Maple Leaf Gardens last night. We had known since January. Originally we were undecided about taking him since I EBF, or leaving him with grandma and poppa. But, poppa broke his foot and grandma just came down with the flu, so options were either I stay home or N goes with me. Soooo...N went with me. He was riveted!!  I fed him in the stands while the teams got suited up. Once the warmups started, he couldn't take his eyes off the ice.  I couldn't believe how he followed the players.  I think daddy will be buying skates for him as soon as he can stand on his own. :)

• Options

imagejLeigh0709:
    imagekieannb:
    Has teething changed the way your LO poops? Increased at all? Friends are telling me that her diarrhea is teething but with the amount she's going, I think it's more than that.
    I was wondering this too. A couple days ago M had 7 poopy diapers in one day. He was also gnawing on his hand the entire day. I could've sworn he was going to pop a tooth. The next day he was back to his normal self though and no tooth yet that I can see. I don't know what was up with that day so I'm not sure if there are changes in poop habits or not when teething.

Lol.  My guy has finally cut back to only 6 or 7 poops a day. They are still runny. He is completely healthy. He does suck his fingers (has since about 2weeks old and is now barely 3months). He does look like he's got a tooth about to pop through. 

My DD only pooped twice a day by this age, and never had diarrhea while teething, but she didn't suck her fingers or anything either, so I don't know about that one.  

• Options
    imageSurpriseAt39:
    We live near Toronto, Ontario. DH plays hockey in a men's league. He had a game at Maple Leaf Gardens last night. We had known since January. Originally we were undecided about taking him since I EBF, or leaving him with grandma and poppa. But, poppa broke his foot and grandma just came down with the flu, so options were either I stay home or N goes with me. Soooo...N went with me. He was riveted!! nbsp;I fed him in the stands while the teams got suited up. Once the warmups started, he couldn't take his eyes off the ice. nbsp;I couldn't believe how he followed the players. nbsp;I think daddy will be buying skates for him as soon as he can stand on his own. :

Aw how fun! I did the same thing when M was about 6 weeks old. We took him to go see the Manchester monarchs, the AHL affiliate to the LA Kings, because I was singing the national anthem with some others in my church. He slept through most of it, but when he was awake he watched the players skating so closely. I'm a huge hockey fan as well. I've converted DH and we go skating out on the local public park pond and play hockey with some friends each winter. I will definitely be teaching little M how to skate as soon as possible!

By the way, we're Bruins fans lol. B's play the Leafs tonight! May the best team win! Oh and "Thank you Kessel." Sorry couldn't help myself. XD
    Photobucket
  • Options
    What has been your biggest challenge this week? What has been your best accomplishment? Biggest Challenge: Trying to function. DH was sick and gave it to LO and I. So, for a few days I could barely get out of bed. Also, we are dealing with a swaddle escape artist which is causing him to wake up numerous times through the night. And...we are STILL dealing with constipation problems. Poor guy. Best accomplishment: Being able to function when it is hard. Also, we got LO to roll over for the first time yesterday. Have you made any changes to your family schedule or routines? No, we actually don't have much of a schedule, which may sound bad to most but he is still little and babies change constantly so I am trying not to get comfortable with a particular schedule. We do have a bed time that we all as a family go to bed and that is about the only one we follow right now. Any new tips or advice to share with the other moms? I noticed when LO is getting tired and fighting sleep that if I put my face up against his, he instantly goes to sleep. Bonus: How do you do meals in your house? Do you meal plan, wing it, or have another system that works for your family? Who cooks most often? WFD tonight? We grocery shop every 2 weeks. I try to have an idea of what I might make but its not a set in stone meal plan. I do all of the cooking and I am a beginner cook so I am trying to learn more meals. Also, I have to make large meals a few times a week so that DH has leftovers for work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Options

Biggest challenge: We are still working on naps. M doesn't ever want to nap in her crib even though she sleeps in there at night no problem. I have decided I'm done rocking her to sleep for naps, which I was doing for awhile and then putting her down once she was asleep. So, lately I'll lay her down on my bed when she is tired and lay next to her. She almost immediately falls asleep. Baby steps I guess? 

No changes to routine really. I start working a couple of shifts at work starting Sunday. Only 5-10 hours per week when DH is home. Looking forward to going back. 

I meal plan Sunday before grocery shopping. I do all the cooking, DH is hopeless in the kitchen. 

Also. visited a close friend who is a SAHM. She gave me some info on the play groups she goes to in our town. Thinking about trying that out.  

Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Options

Challenge: H has been waking up about 6 times a night and has added an extra feeding before midnight so that has taken some adjusting and getting used to.

Accomplishment: H will roll onto his side when he is sleeping in his crib (but not when he is on the floor- strange little guy) so we have been doing arms out swaddle and it has been going surprisingly well. We just started two nights ago and he has slept that best in those two nights then he has in about a week and a half.

Not really. We did go to library story time lapsit on Wednesday so I think we will be adding that to our Wednesday routine. We have a routine but no schedule. I am more calm that way and plus, H never does anything at the same time two days in a row. 

Check out a story time. Even if all the other kids are older LO might have a blast watching them.

We meal plan and go grocery shopping every other week. I cook every week night and DH will usually do weekends. Tonight we had breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, fruit, pork sausages.  

• Options
    kbl13kbl13 member

Challenge: Working from home is proving to be more difficult than I imagined. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get B to nap during the day...

Accomplishment: His head control is getting better each day.

Just trying to figure out naps. As of right now the only thing guaranteed to put him to sleep is a car ride.

B still doesn't love tummy time, but will tolerate it much longer if I lay next to him and we read a book.

I meal plan a few meals and go grocery shopping once per week. I typically cook, unless DH wannts to grill, and we go out maybe 2x. Tonight we went out for burgers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagekbl13:
    Any new tips or advice to share with the other moms?B still doesn't love tummy time, but will tolerate it much longer if I lay next to him and we read a book.nbsp;

I love this idea! I will have to try reading a book during tummy time tomorrow.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"