October 2012 Moms

Diaper rash cream

My LO recently had very mild diaper rash so I used Desitin for about a week and it seems to have mostly cleared up. I can still feel the rash but the redness is pretty much gone. What I have noticed now is that his skin seems really dry and every time I change his diaper he will scratch at his belly where the diaper was sitting. Is this something that I should have expected from using Desitin?
=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage

Re: Diaper rash cream

• I have no clue about the Desitin, I just wanted to recommend using coconut oil if your little one gets it again. It clears it up so quickly, and we haven't had any side effects :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Desitin always made the diaper rash worse for my LO's. Hands down the best stuff we've used is Triple Paste. It's $20 for a tub of it but it's totally worth it.
    "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together" Elizabeth Taylor DD 05/10 DS 10/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Use badger company baby balm!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm using Desitin but I think A&D worked better so I will be switching back.
  • imagelexilou21:
    Desitin always made the diaper rash worse for my LO's. Hands down the best stuff we've used is Triple Paste. It's 20 for a tub of it but it's totally worth it.

This

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I dont know either but MrsIke told me about Anti Monkey Butt Cream and it is AMAZING.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Honest Healing Balm by The Honest Co. www.honest.com

• Filled with USDA certified organic essential oils: Sunflower Oil, Tamanu Oil, Chickweed Oil, and Olive Oil
    • Soothes and helps delicate skin, while helping to prevent future diaper rash
    • Added castor oil to battle existing rash and as an excellent urine barrier
    • Promotes healthy & balanced skin ? no preservatives or synthetic fragrances
    • Versatile and safe to use on minor cuts & scrapes, Mom's dry skin, and Dad's razor burns
    • Hypoallergenic / Clinically tested / Pediatrician Recommended / Vegetarian / Sensitive for Everyday Use
    • NO Harsh Chemicals (ever!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"