August 2013 Moms

XP: ON question

Some of my clothes (particularly the dresser stuff) are starting to get a little uncomfortable, but I'm still far from needing maternity wear. I needed something to get me through until 1) I'm larger and 2) the weather warms up. 

I bought a bunch of non maternity dresses from ON during their Spring is in the Air sale. I don't generally buy much ON for myself so I ordered a mix of sizes and some of it is just way too big. 

I know a lot of what I buy for DD shrinks. I can't decide if I should wash it with hopes that it sinks or if I should just return it for a smaller size/petite size.

Anyone who shops at ON have a suggestion? 

DD1 4.14.10
DD2 8.22.13
MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: XP: ON question

• I would probably exchange it for a smaller size.  I buy some stuff from ON (usually basics, work out stuff, etc) and I've found that I wear a size smaller in most things.  It definitely makes shopping there online frustrating though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Old Navy definitely runs big for me and also a little inconsistently.  I ordered a lot of maternity stuff from them for the summer on sale and some shirts of the same style just different colors are starting to fit now and others are still entirely too big!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • The maternity stuff I ordered during that sale is unbelievably big on me. DH laughed and can't believe it's ever actually going to fit. 

I think the two items in question are just going to go back. The dress, definitely. I'm on the fence with trying the skirt in a smaller size. The dress is all weird proportionally and I think I actually need a petite to fit right, but it's not available in petite.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I find everything at ON shrinks, a lot! I always buy a medium even tho I can easily wear a small..so when it shrinks it still fits comfortably.
    I did the same with maternity clothes from there I already bought, got a size bigger then I really needed as I knew the stuff would shrink, and it did!
    It's really hard to know, but I figure better a big baggy then too tight!
  • I haven't yet worn the one mat top I got there. The regular, bigger than usual tops shrank, and prob won't work for long now. The tanks tops are great, but are waiting to be washed, so time will tell. The jeans are TERRIBLE. They stretched like crazy and are only good after washing for like half an hour before they're falling off and look awful. I'm seriously disappointed I wasted the money.
    image"">imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"