November 2013 Moms

Heartburn!!

First time I ever had heartburn 4yrs ago I seriously thought I was dying.... Since then I've had light heartburn once in a blue moon...
But last night I woke up with a bubble full of freaking lava in my chest!! I propped up some pillows and forced myself back to sleep....
What do you do for heartburn? Other than taking chalky tums...?

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                         Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Heartburn!!

• MrsWPMrsWP member
    Try drinking a big glass of cold milk.. the calcium in it will help.  
  • If it's so bad that Tums don't touch it, I take a 75 mg Zantac.  My OB said this was ok.

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• Loading the player...
  • Avoid spicy foods and citrus foods, they can make symptoms worse. Propping your head up to sleep is a good idea. Also, avoid eating a larger meal right before lying down. Tums are always first line treatment, and they have extra calcium so that's a plus. If that doesn't help, don't suffer through the pain. Acid reflux is damaging to your esophagus. Tell your OB you may even be able to talk to the phone nurse so they can prescribe something like Pepcid or Zantac. You can try overthecounter if you want to wait until your next appoitnment. You'll probably need to take the antacid everyday, not just when you have symptoms. It's goal is to prevent heartburn, not just stop it once it starts.
  • I had horrible heartburn with both my previous pregnancies, and this one is starting out just the same. I take 1 Zantac in the am and one before bed...otherwise I feel like I'm dying :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"