1st Trimester

The fatigue is killing me!

Help!  Most days I feel like I barely have the energy to make myself a sandwich let alone all the stuff I need to do.  I haven't cut caffeine out completely (I sometimes have one small cup reg. coffee a day), I try to get more protein through protein smoothies and some meat when I feel up to it, but I just can't find the energy to do anything.  Just the thought of cleaning or running errands is exhausting.

There has to be some way I can beat this, even just a little.  Suggestions? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: The fatigue is killing me!

• I enlisted help so that I didn't have to do as much. my fatigue was BAD. Its getting better now. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • You can have a max of 200mg of a caffinated drink per day.  

HTH... 

https://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database 

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so there with you on the fatigue. I haven't found a way to get past t either. I did cut caffeine completely but bI eat a TON of protein bars, drinks and they seem to take the edge off but it's still pretty bad.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hang in there and don't beat yourself up if you get nothing done, your body is working hard to grow a life! Usually the fatigue gets better in the 2nd trimester and you'll feel much better. Until then try to rest as much as you can!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ha ha! Can totally relate!  I don't feel upset about not getting housework done... I just need to stay wake throughout this stinking work day!  I could totally go nap in the car right now!
  • I find myself falling asleep by 8:00 every night!  I'll take it though... I had NO symptoms with my 2 previous pregnancies (both ended in m/c)  I look at my fatigue and nausea as good signs!

Me 35, DH 36
    TTC summer 2008
    Diagnose me. DOR, DH perfect
    IUI # 1 6/2010, BFN
    IUI # 2 8/2010, BFN
    IVF # 1 10/2010 Canceled poor response
    IVF 1.2 12/2010 BFP! mc 6 weeks 2 days
    Mental health break for 10 months
    IVF # 2 10/2011 BFN
    IVF # 3 5/2012 BFP! 10 eggs retrieved (best ever)
    7 fertilized transferred 3
    Beta #1 14dpo - 72, Beta #2 17dpo 145 Beta 3 20dpo 521
    First u/s June 15 saw HB 126 bpm missed m/c 7/5/12 10 weeks D&C 7/6/12
    IVF#4 ER 9/30 ET 10/3 Beta 10/16 BFFN. IVF #5 final with o/e. ER 1/21 only 1 retrieved, hoping my lonestar is the one. Beta #1 2/6/13 = 209.... please let this be it! Keep growing lonestar! Beta #2 2/8/13 - 586! , Beta #3 2/10/13 = 1898. First u/s perfect little heart beat at 116 bpm. Measure 6 weeks 1 day. EDD 10/14/13
    3/4/13 measuring right on track beautiful heartbeat 171 bpm, graduated from RE to OB... bittersweet.
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome! Its a girl! 

Maggie Grace is here!  10/5/13... 8lbs 6 ounces of pure joy!

TTC#2  No birth control since DD was born.  Getting ready to jump back in the saddle.  Weaning this month. RE
    appt scheduled 5/8.   Here we go again!

IFV# 6.  10/27  6 retrieved 4 mature 3 fertilized.  2 made it to 3dt 10/30. 1"very pretty 8 cell" and 1 6 cell.  Beta
    11/13.   Please stick embies!!!!  We love you so much already! 11/12/14  POAS, BFP... beta tomorrow!
    11/13 beta #1  924!!!  2nd bet 11/15 1906, one more on 11/17 3rd & final beta 3430.  First u/s 12/5, 7w4d, 2 heartbeats,
    both measuring right on track....2nd u/s... all is well... both beans measuring right on track... released from RE... first
    appointment with MFM 1/5.  Looks like this is really happening!

• I am not only feeling exactly the way you do, but I'm also 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant, just like you!  I too can't bring myself to do anything.  I get out of bed, shower, put clothes on, and then I sit on the couch in the new apartment that we just moved into, surrounded by boxes that aren't go to unpack themselves.  I'll open a box, look at the contents inside, close the lid, and sit back down again. 

It's all too overwhelming!  It takes everything I have to go to the grocery store to stock up on healthy snacks... and I can barely carry the dang grocery bags anymore!  My husband works full-time, so I'm on my own during the day. 

The hormones and hard on us, too.  The littlest thing kind of sets me off.  I went on a crying spree this morning and I knew fully that it wasn't THAT bad... but, I just couldn't stop!  Sigh. 

• I have been sleeping so much; I even cut out of work early lastnight just so I could come home and sleep.  It is killing me sleeping so much too, plus with it being winter and cold...the hybernation syndrom has totally kicked in on me.  I hope when the spring and summer hits I will feel better. Hang in there...Blessed be
  • Wow.. You described my day. We recently moved and the next day, I found out we were expecting. As excited as I am, I can't bring myself to do anything. I haven't been able to unpack, I don't want to do anything other than sleep and I'm constantly naseaus. I wake up several times throughout the night to use the bathroom, I toss and turn although I'm exhausted.. And I feel a weird sensation in my uterus or ovaries.. Somewhere in that area as if I'm going to be getting my period but its very mild and quickly goes away. I don't know how far along I am, I can't really say but I think anywhere between 68 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"