Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What's your baby's daily routine?

My son will be 4 months old tomorrow. He still is usually only awake about 2hrs between naps all day, but then sleep anywhere from 78hrs at night. His naps are usually somewhere between 30min and an hour. He goes to bed by 9:3010 and wakes up by 8 or 9, usually with one feeding in there somewhere...that is, unless he sleep through the night, then he's up by about 7:30. I thought babies had a better schedule by now. How long will your baby stay awake during the day? What's his/her schedule? Does your routine change from day to day?
image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What's your baby's daily routine?

• CnAnACnAnA member

Her routine kinda varies by day, depending on whether or not she's nap striking.  She'll wake up between 8 and 9 and eat. 

She'll hang out in her jumper in the kitchen for a bit while I do dishes, then play in her bouncy chair while I do laundry.  After about an hour and a half to two hours, she'll start showing me sleepy eyes.  It will take me anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes to get her down.  She'll sleep for anywhere from 10 - 45 minutes depending on her mood. 

She'll eat around 1:00, then play for a bit.  Another nap around 2 or 3.  Eat again around 4:30 or 5, then playtime and catnapping until her last bottle between 8 and 8:30. 

She's usually in bed by 8:30, usually asleep by 9.  She will sleep for 8-10 hours, usually fussing a time or two for me to put the paci back in her mouth.  Around 5 or 6 in the morning, she'll fuss and I'll just bring her to bed with me and she finishes out her sleep there.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Do you have a particular concern with his schedule? It sounds like what you have is very good for a 4 month old and I don't think you can expect any more structure at this age. As long as you keep bedtime consistent, that's really the most important thing right now.

I have tried so hard to get my son on a schedule, but even if I try to do the same things every day, it still ends up getting off somewhere in the day. Plus, as soon as I had a schedule worked out, he would go through a growth spurt or other developmental changes, and totally throw me off again. It's much easier to leave room for the unexpected and keep things flexible so you don't get too stressed when things don't go right. Now I focus more on doing a daily routine as opposed to sticking to a specific timeline.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO's daily routine is pretty dependable.  It does vary a bit from day to day.  LO has just started staying awake 2-2.5 hours between naps.  The first time he rubs his eyes is when I start the nap process.  It could take anywhere from 10-30 mins.  Don't miss the window or you end up with a grouchy butt.  His bedtime is between 7:30-8.  He chose that time by the way.  I was getting him to bed at 9:00.  At about 4 mos. he was just falling asleep at 8:00.  His last bottle is usually around 7:30.  He will usually STTN and wake between 6-7 am.  Sometimes there is the occasional MOTN waking around 4-5 am.  You have to be flexible in the "routine".  I think as PP said a consitent bedtime is key.

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We get up around 6:30. I get him and DD reused and he hangs out in his bouncy and plays with DD while I get he stuff ready for daycare. She heads off at 8 am. I give him a bottle, we play, then he naps around 8:30-9:00 am til about 11am. We then play or he watches me clean. He eats at 12. We then go out if there are any errands to run, or we visit people, or if he gets a bath that y, we do his bath. He then naps again around 1:30. Then we play, do tummy time, just hang out. The ay kinda jus goes like that. Nap every two hours, eat every 3 or 4. He goes to bed at 7:45 pm. He wakes to eat once or twice.
  • My kids wake up around 5 and they get breakfast then. They go to daycare at 7 so DW and I can go to work. DW usually does pickup at 5 and the babies get dinner then. They take a nap after dinner and they go to bed at 8.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are just starting on a routine:

7 - 8am: Wake up and nurse

9 - 9:30am: 1.5 - 2 hours after waking start first nap (1 - 2 hours) nurse after waking

12:30 - 1:30: 2 - 3 hours after waking start 2nd nap (1.5 - 3 hours) nurse after waking

4:30ish: 3rd nap if first 2 naps total less than 4 hours nurse after waking

7:30 - 8:30pm: nurse and bed

Hopefully 1 MOTN feeding - sometimes 2. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"